Gore Mountain Conditions

Totally. The laser disc of Orda’s achievements at Gore that is sure to thrill riders for exactly 5 seconds of their first and only ride. 😆
We can hope folks say it’s cut due to budget to set aside funds for other higher priorities.
Just safely maintaining that monstrosity ain’t gonna be cheap.
Anybody know what the insurance is for an anchor attraction zip coaster thingy 🍺?
And pay scale for the techs keeping it running safely?
Twas touted as kinda unique...
Makes more sense to use the ski bowls chairlift to get bikes up the mountain and let folks have some fun 🚲 coming down.
I’d pay cash for that but nothing for the spinning in the trees BS.
Folks could learn the trail system at the bowl too when biking down.

Last edited:
Ski Bowl now has a double black as steep as Lies and two long interesting blue and green trails, all with snowmaking, plus three glades and another black trail if we ever get snow. Still nobody there. I don’t know why nobody’s there, but it ain't the chair, which will be learned after it’s replaced.
Speaking from personal experience, it is 100% the chair. Every time I venture over I want to ski more, but that chair takes so freakin' long. Also your comment about fixed grip vs. high speed on the High Peaks is all about the wind up there.

Totally. The laser disc of Orda’s achievements at Gore that is sure to thrill riders for exactly 5 seconds of their first and only ride. 😆
Maybe they can draw a crowd with races on it, like a Zip Hole competition or something. Is Zip Coaster a WUG sport?

mm

Speed of the Hudson Chair doesn't bother me at all. You guys who like to wait standing, I don't get it.
There are lines at the Hudson Chair?

And yes, I would much rather wait 2 minutes on the ground, with my full group, and 8 minutes on the chair, than take a 10 minute chair ride, suspended off the ground, in the wind, with the potential to drop my phone/glove/goggles.

Last edited:
There are lines at the Hudson Chair?

I haven't seen any. Maybe occasionally before opening.

Every system has a limit. Pick one that you'd like to limit the rest:

Parking
Uphill capacity
Trail acreage
Snowmaking
Water supply
Lodge/sewer capacity

What am I missing? (I guess money, but...)

Which of those variables do you want to max out first? You have to pick one.

It seems to me when one variable is maxed out everyone complains and then it gets upgraded, moving the limit to another variable.

I personally don't like it when the trails are the limit, like it's so crowded you'd just can't add any more people.

I might choose parking.

A HSQ will make a difference in the Ski Bowl.

If that happens you are probably going to run out of parking down there. It's already pretty full on weekends. So either some kind of deal with ToJ for more parking, or just assume more people will skate over because of the HS lift.

I haven't seen any. Maybe occasionally before opening.

Every system has a limit. Pick one that you'd like to limit the rest:

Parking
Uphill capacity
Trail acreage
Snowmaking
Water supply
Lodge/sewer capacity

What am I missing? (I guess money, but...)

Which of those variables do you want to max out first? You have to pick one.

It seems to me when one variable is maxed out everyone complains and then it gets upgraded, moving the limit to another variable.

I personally don't like it when the trails are the limit, like it's so crowded you'd just can't add any more people.

I might choose parking.
A big one: human capital/labor pool.

A big one: human capital/labor pool.
Good point. That may actually be the limit now.

Another way to say that might be prevailing wages. If they rise enough so that people can afford to work for SKI3 that could shift the limit elsewhere. So raise wages and ticket prices to pay for it?

More paid parking, higher ticket prices, more snowmaking, more water capacity, more lodge room, more sewer capacity, more terrain. It could work out if the industry is really growing, and the last two years are not a temporary response to covid.

When do they typically stop making snow on the mountain? Are they done for the year with this weather we are having? How about Bellaryre and Whiteface, same schedule?

Back