Gore Mountain Conditions

A seat with a view.
1708344582091.png

Nice ’n nippy start to the week.

Tough crowd! 🤠

I believe it's actually going higher (and to lookers right) to connect to the Rabbit Pond trail.

I believe it's actually going higher (and to lookers right) to connect to the Rabbit Pond trail.
From the August 2018 Amendment to the 2002 UMP.
1. Re-alignment of Lift 12 – The upper terminal of Lift 12 is currently located just inside the northern boundary of the Intensive Use Area, and just to the south of the 29.0 area proposed for reclassification. A re-alignment of the chairlift will involve moving the bottom terminal uphill approximately 125 feet on private land, and moving the upper terminal to a high point within the lands proposed for reclassification. This relocation was chosen because it will allow the alpine ski trails that are also proposed for this location to be constructed at a suitable grade and orientation relative to other approved trails in this vicinity.

Is the new bottom terminal gonna be on private land?

It was weird Twister and Uncas weren't groomed and Twister was closed. Uncas was open for a while today but it was very bad. Boilerplate mixed with death cookies. The wind also blew the snow off it. I don't think it was open for long before they closed it.
Twister still had the big whales on it yesterday. Maybe they are saving? A lot of lift issues in the morning yesterday. But conditions were excellent again.

I think there is some 20yr old deal with the proposed ski in/out development down there to make everything more accessible?

The reason for the difference in snowmaking performance between Gore and Belleayre is due to the GPM per snowmaking acre ratio.... No matter how many low E guns you have, no matter how aggressive you are at hitting every window of cold temps, no matter how smart or experienced your snowmaking staff is, you can never exceed your maximum water capacity.
What you are saying is that ORDA expanded Gore, plans to continue expanding, added XC trails that require snowmaking and traded the best terrain park for a competition venue, all without having enough water to support it all. This should all go in the "ORDA's biggest mistakes" thread.

mm

That would be sweet, but at what cost? How often would it be accessible and how much water would have to be diverted from Stielhang and Rumor?

mm

That would be sweet, but at what cost? How often would it be accessible and how much water would have to be diverted from Stielhang and Rumor?

mm
I was just telling you what I think I know, I have no idea if it makes sense.

Back