Gore Mountain Conditions

I didn't ski since I was there for the high school race today. I was very surprised by how light the crowds were for MLK at Gore. We parked just around 9 in the E lot, easily found spots in the lodge, and never saw any line of any significance on the gondola or AE2. Snow looked great. I enjoyed watching the race on a bright sunny day. That's what the day was all about but it was kind of sad being at an open ski area with great conditions and not being able to get out for at least a few runs.

I was very surprised by how light the crowds were for MLK at Gore.
Despite the soft snow, Saturday was a miserable weather morning for those who came out. Couple that with the crunchy snow and squalls on Sunday, and I would imagine the typical holiday skier had just about all they could handle. NYS Thruway was a slow ride south of Albany as early as noon, so it seems everyone just gave up on today. Their loss.

I'm not sure about it being a record, but on Sunday there were cars parked down the access road well below Lot G.

I got to Gore’s Main Parking lot by 8 and almost didn’t get a spot. Usually that arrival time gets me close to the paid parking.

I skied Saturday and Monday. The Sunday of MLK Day is notoriously the busiest day of the year. The rain was crazy Saturday morning but there were still quite a few people. I wanted to ski double barrel but never got a chance with all the people on it. I was lucky enough to get an unaccosted run down the lower Straightbrook lift line. My favorite runs were my first two runs down Echo on Saturday. Untracked fat guy powder. It made a really cool sound. Yesterday was fast and firm but edgeable...and cold!

Who skied today? It looked bangin on the radar!

Didn't stay long enough today but it was a perfect powder Paradise.. Twister to BRQ, Backwoods (no viz) lovely, Echo, lovelier, and a run down the front side. Effortless. Skied from 12:30-2

I got there too early yesterday. I should have slept late. It was still getting better when I left at 1245. Hulabaloo was unrecognizable after grooming. Uncas was the run of the day.
It was nice not to hear your skis for once, but "perfect powder Paradise" is overselling it. This seasons is historically awful, and "the snowmakers are doing a great job" is just another way of saying that.
I was surprised that the only snowmaking was on Sagamore, which should be open by the weekend.
Also. the Swedish meatballs with egg noodles looked nasty to me.

mm

I got there too early yesterday. I should have slept late. It was still getting better when I left at 1245. Hulabaloo was unrecognizable after grooming. Uncas was the run of the day.
It was nice not to hear your skis for once, but "perfect powder Paradise" is overselling it. This seasons is historically awful, and "the snowmakers are doing a great job" is just another way of saying that.
I was surprised that the only snowmaking was on Sagamore, which should be open by the weekend.
Also. the Swedish meatballs with egg noodles looked nasty to me.

mm
The Ski Bowl appears to be getting ❄️ too.
From report:
ECHO: 1/17 Open to Public
Snowmakers are working on Sagamore on Burnt Ridge Mountain and Little Gore with Peaceful Valley, Moxham, Oak Ridge, and local favorite 46er.

With the current chill it shouldn’t take long to get that pod going.
Do they still have to pump Wild Air’s bumps?

Back