Gore Mountain Conditions

So I'm seeing Gore today, all lifts running with 89% of terrain.

It's ain't MLK but it's close.

Any love for that @snoloco?

Interesting that they put the work into 46er this week instead of sagamore? Maybe the longterm goal of making the ski bowl less of what I love?:)

When I saw how much snow was being made on the top half of sagamore last Sunday I was sure it would be open this weekend. They have made a ton more but haven’t touched the whales which look more like the Himalayas - there is a lot of snow to push before they can open it.

But looking forward to 46er later today - patrol was putting up lollipops and the rope on Hudson trail on it when I was there earlier.

Great day if you can handle the cold which my son and I can. Lots of good conditions: open pit, Hawkeye, showcase, backwoods, Moxham were best snow of what we skied, which was basically whole mountain except Tahawus and sleeping bear, as we hit some of the less-often open runs on the North side. Ended on 46er which was fun but barely edgeable on the head wall. Hopefully the fresh snow will help.

Day started out rough with super hardpack wind scoured Showcase and obviously very cold. Hawkeye and Chati pretty good. Then it got way better after hitting the woods with Chati, McIntyre, and Darby woods skiing great. Headed down to Tahawus. Also nice packed powder. Started snowing at this point around noon and although didn't amount to much it stuck in the woods and the skiing just got better and better. Moved over to BR and lapped Barkeater and another trail that was closed for unknown reasons nearby until close. Absolutely perfect edgable skiied in snow with no ice and stellar coverage. Did venture over to 46er but it was meh with ball bearing skiing as expected.

Rinse and repeat tomorrow and looking forward to the sun and less wind. I've skiied on some very cold days but today felt just as cold as some of the coldest I've skiied due to the wind. It was seriously whipping on BR, AE2, and the Summit making for some very cold lift rides.

Attachments

• PXL_20240120_194205304.jpg
    PXL_20240120_194205304.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20240120_194202233.jpg
    PXL_20240120_194202233.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 70
  • PXL_20240120_132015605.jpg
    PXL_20240120_132015605.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 60
Back