Gore Mountain Conditions

Report sounds like 6” of cement. I’ll take it.

Gondola update went from “middle of this week” to “soon”.

Snow Friday night, followed by rain Saturday then some nice cold temps to make everything really fun for Sunday Just keep telling myself, we're east coast skiers, we can take it :ROFLMAO:

Of course it costs money to buy seedlings and pay someone to plant them.
Come on now, do you really think you could just buy some seedlings and drop them in? Did Gore get moved out of the AdPark last night when I was sleeping?
But blowing fewer acres of snow definitely requires less water, less energy and less man-hours.
Right. Snowmaking is such an exact science and totally unaffected by weather. Certainly they will be able to shorten the snowmaking throw exactly to the new width in order not to kill off the seedlings yet cover the existing trails.:ROFLMAO:

Skiers and boarders will not be able to tell that the seedlings are under 50 inches of base and will ski all over those areas. Maybe these seedlings would need new semi-permanent fencing on the trail side and the woods side. That certainly would get quick APA/DEP approval, should be free and easy to install and not need many man hours.:ROFLMAO: However, those fences might create a safety and liability problem for skiers and borders.

FYI - The Gore snowmaking water comes out of the Hudson and then melts back into the Hudson. In light of the many mid-season rain storms over the past few season, I don't think worrying about water usage at Gore is a top priority.

Maybe these seedlings would need new semi-permanent fencing on the trail side and the woods side.

Pretty sure I've seen something like that at Mad River.

Back