Gore Mountain Conditions

Overall pretty good for opening day. Very chunky but got better as it got skiied. Only downside was the crowds. Showcase was a true WROD with sooo many people on it but nowhere to spread people out yet. Lots of people out also who had no business being out yet. The report was clear it was advanced-intermediate only but people don't know how to read so can't blame the mountain.

I think that was a first for me skiing Gore on opening day

Super chunky in the morning and way too many people on a very narrow showcase, but sun was bright and it was a wonderful opening day. Softened up for the afternoon and crowds dispersed. I was very impressed with the amount of coverage they had. Snow guns were going strong on Sunway and Sleeping Bear.

Showed up with the younger at the crack of 11:30 to minimal crowding. Other than the occasional coordinated herd of freeskiers on Showcase, all was great. Impressive snow quality where it wasn’t skied off. Run of the day was Tahawus (shocker). Looking forward to more!

I skied from 8:30 to just after 2. Ruby, Showcase, and Tahawus were open, with Tahawus holding up the best. Overall, better conditions than yesterday at Whiteface, but I don't know why they're still only half width on Showcase. They always seem to struggle to get it full width. My theory is it has wider gun spacing than other trails, which means it really shouldn't be the opening day route. Quicksilver, Sleeping Bear, and Topridge had active snowmaking and look close to being ready to open.

Today was much better than yesterday. Only stayed on the hill until around 11 as we had to head back down south. Really had a ball on the Arena, got some nice turns in pretty much everywhere though. Very excited for what lies in store this year.

Anyone know why they never make snow on Powder Pass even though there are pipes with hookups running all along it?

Anyone looking at tonight’s forecast . At least 6 in coming down in north creek
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
1701087595809.png

Letitsnow ❄️ ⛷️
1701088149372.png

Last edited:
Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 8.09.09 AM.png

Gore reporting zero attm.

Back