Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore was really good today. It was only Ruby, Showcase, Arena and Tahawus, but the surfaces were excellent, even some fresh on skiers' right of Showcase. It got colder beginning around 11 but the surface held up well.
The quad didn't run, so we had to do Ruby more than I wanted, but everything else was perfect.

mm

Today was pretty awesome. I don't like taking my skis off much so I went straight to Tahawus and was blessed with two inches of powder over groomed...it started a bit scary with frozen groomed and then it was just bliss. I hate that kind of skiing but I am getting older. I kept doing that until people discovered it. Then I did Showcase and it was wonderful (I guess). I stayed longer than I thought I would. I will be back Thursday. There should be more open soon. If I had your skis I would have tried some woods...They have snow.

Shrinkage. Pretty common in the cold 😉

Looks like it warmed up again:

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 9.43.22 AM.png

Another good day at Gore today. It's still limited terrain but the surfaces are still pretty good. Not as good as yesterday but still good for November. Showcase got better after they shut down the snowmaking. Tahawus was the ROTD.

mm

Another good day at Gore today. It's still limited terrain but the surfaces are still pretty good. Not as good as yesterday but still good for November. Showcase got better after they shut down the snowmaking. Tahawus was the ROTD.

mm

How close do you think they are to opening anything else? Sunway looked almost ready when I was there on Sunday.

They were grooming Sunway when we left. Maybe tomorrow...
Also, it was disappointing that there was no snowmaking on Foxlair. OTOH they added some swales to Ruby so that looks like it's gonna be the main event for a while.

mm

Back