Gore Mountain Conditions

March Madness
IMG_1186.png

I just noticed that myself. (Was looking to see if it was snowing up top, it is.)

They seem to be leveling it. Make it melt faster?

They moved the rails too.
1681851487398.png

Saw dang boarders hitting ‘em at Copper at the end of July a few years ago just by walking up a bit from the base.
Might as well use the snow iffin ya still got it.
Who has a portable rope tow?

Maybe they’re afraid it’s an attractive nuisance - like somebody will climb up to hit it, get hurt, and sue them

Incidentally, nice summary of the season posted on their "snow report" page:

"What was your high note from the season? We have a couple!
An impressive start to the snowmaking season, shredding Backwoods for the first time, hosting the freestyle events for the 2023 World University Games, adventures in the glades, Rippin’ & Sippin’ Events, our 52″ of miracle March snow days, having the North Creek Ski Bowl open in April, huge moguls on the steeps, bringing back the pond Skim, and breaking our record for the most days each lift has spun."

I just noticed that myself. (Was looking to see if it was snowing up top, it is.)

They seem to be leveling it. Make it melt faster?
The park crews from Belleayre and WF were here yesterday afternoon. They did the same thing last season.

They moved the rails too.
View attachment 19980
Saw dang boarders hitting ‘em at Copper at the end of July a few years ago just by walking up a bit from the base.
Might as well use the snow iffin ya still got it.
Who has a portable rope tow?
This morning the groomers are parked and the pipes and rails are gone, but Mt. Gondy remains. Don’t forget the Fourth of July Big Air competition!

Back