Gore Mountain Conditions

Whiteface can only pull out so much water from the Ausable per APA / NY Constitution or some legal thing - is something like that in place for Gore ? Do they pull from the Hudson ?
Gore’s allowed to pump water outta the Hudson to the reservoir they enlarged recently.

What do you all think about tomorrow? Carharts and a t shirt? Long sleeve t shirt maybe?
Trying to figure that out myself. I don’t fall often but, even in soft spring conditions, a fall on exposed flesh can be ouchy!

I’m thinking pant shell and either t-shirt or long sleeve t-shirt.

Trying to figure that out myself. I don’t fall often but, even in soft spring conditions, a fall on exposed flesh can be ouchy!

I’m thinking pant shell and either t-shirt or long sleeve t-shirt.
Don’t forget to stay hydrated.

Learned my lesson too many times. If I wear shorts they are long and go to my boot tops or socks. Always long sleeves. I hit a bump too hard yesterday on Rumor and my ski popped off. I forearmed a bump to stay upright...no blood, long sleeves,

Learned my lesson too many times. If I wear shorts they are long and go to my boot tops or socks. Always long sleeves. I hit a bump too hard yesterday on Rumor and my ski popped off. I forearmed a bump to stay upright...no blood, long sleeves,
Yeah, the shirtless/naked skiers come WARM spring days really seem like they are having a hoot (yup, I said hoot, I’m that old guy, the one who poo-poo’s the grass skiers)….until they aren’t!

I've skied in a t shirt many times but I'll never ski in shorts again. My boots filled with snow which quickly melted and soaked everything.

Years ago a whole crew of us were bashing spring bumps at Stratton in t-shirts and shorts. One of the guys decided to go shirtless and wrecked straight-lining the last headwall in the Sun Bowl. His whole back looked like you took the cheese off a pizza. Not good.

Last edited:
Gore was good today, definitely worth skiing. There is lots of thin to go around, but there is lots of fat to ski too.

Back