Gore Mountain Conditions

Trying to figure that out myself. I don’t fall often but, even in soft spring conditions, a fall on exposed flesh can be ouchy!

I’m thinking pant shell and either t-shirt or long sleeve t-shirt.
I always like shorts with the neoprene kneepads. They go down to the sock and under the bottom of the short. When you are working hard skiing snow gets splashed up shorts but if you fall everything is covered.

Learned my lesson too many times. If I wear shorts they are long and go to my boot tops or socks. Always long sleeves. I hit a bump too hard yesterday on Rumor and my ski popped off. I forearmed a bump to stay upright...no blood, long sleeves,
i always wear a long sleeve no matter how hot. had a similar experience.

20230415_083806.jpg

Some smiling going on

20230415_112336.jpg

Ut oh

I kinda got that heavy end of the season feel

20230415_131402.jpg

Last edited:
Great 3 hours today - kudos to gore for keeping it going. I was especially impressed with Quicksilver and Wild Air although I spent most of my morning lapping the dark side.

I disagree with posts here that blamed WUG games for a 4/16 close. I had issues with all the WUG snowmaking delaying more terrain opening in late Dec and Jan, but when temps are starting with 6s, 7s, and even an 8 you can’t blame anything except the weather. And fwiw there is no way Wild Air would have been open today WITHOUT WUG.

Anybody know this guy? He might have been skiing with EdeO.

bumper - 1.jpeg

Arrgghhh I hate this time of year. What a great end of ORDA season today. I thought I would be done long before I was but Duck is responsible for that. When I was fresh Rumor was my pick but with tired legs later in the day, OMG Chati was amazing. The middle set of bumps were so great. Thank you to all that made it happen this year. Mother Nature was not kind but we ended up with a pretty good season. Thanks to the snowmakers, groomers and all of Ops!

Back