Gore Mountain Conditions

There didn’t seem to be much competition today. I think they were off. Saw a few practice runs.
Yesterday was skiercross practice, today is qualifying, and finals are tomorrow.

The lower slope of the Mt. Gondola Range is getting it’s paint job.
1673788659126.png

Going to be scratchy this afternoon. But conditions very nice early this morning considering the January hand we’ve been dealt.

For all the concern, emotion and various conversations, the FISU events are pretty cool to see up close and in person. Worth a visit if you are on the fence. But my real gut feeling now is that in person attendance probably does not matter for these events or for the profitability of the organizers… local biz and Gore and the like probably have a different take on this. My feeling having now seen the impressive and colorful set up is that it is all about international TV rights and likely geared toward European audiences where winter sports matters.

Today was OK...Hullabaloo(groomed) and Darby(ungroomed) were fun, everything else was fast and firm...and then they opened Lies! Incredible
We really need some natural snow, Sunday afternoon was getting dangerous. The man made only goes so far. Yesterday was fun as groomers did the best they could and it was relatively empty. Lower Darby was nice and we caught Lies just after it opened. That was really enjoyable.

Kudos to Orda/Gore for their parking/security set up. Was very well organized.

Saw the snow guns going on Burnt Ridge as we were heading out yesterday. I assume it was Echo.

Back