Gore Mountain Conditions

Sorry for the delay. Coverage great on all that was open. Showcase narrow in spots, some minor “browning”. Only exception would be Top Ridge; fun bumpy / weedy features. Also, rutted at the bottom, epic digger there today.

Gore’s using these folks to build WUG’s competition courses for Wild Air - Arena.
Hopefully they get enough snow ❄️ to play with.
Was wondering today as I rode the gondola if it were Gore employees? The surface left by their tracks looked very skiable.

Gore wasn't bad yesterday. Limited terrain but the surfaces varied from firm and fast to pretty good where they softened up. Topridge was the pick of the day after they opened it late.
Darby was open according to the report but we didn't ski it. This was another day when it would have been better to shut down the gondola instead of the High Peaks Quad.

mm

Nothing on the High Peaks side has been open all week according to the snow report. It's closed because they failed to make enough snow there earlier, not because they chose not to run it on weekdays. Still hasn't reopened either.

The Thursday snow report had Darby open for Friday, but I didn't go over there. The short section just below Cloud was open, but sketchy looking.
Darby was open with good cover last week, as was Steilhang. It's a shame they can't keep Darkside open but we can all be grateful that WUG is going ahead.

mm

Today was fun for what it was. Plenty of cover on what is open but what is not open needs a lot of snow. They were blowing snow on Foxlair, Pine Knot, Topridge and Wood In all day but never opened them. Straight Brook to Cloud and then Open Pit or Headwaters were my favorite runs of the day. High Peaks never opened so it was fairly quiet and never really got skied off.

I worry what will happen next weekend between MLK and the WUG there could be way too many people on way too little terrain.

I was really hoping to be able to park at the ski bowl and ski Burnt Ridge MLK, guess not.

Reactions: MC2
Back