Gore Mountain Conditions

Today was fun for what it was. Plenty of cover on what is open but what is not open needs a lot of snow. They were blowing snow on Foxlair, Pine Knot, Topridge and Wood In all day but never opened them. Straight Brook to Cloud and then Open Pit or Headwaters were my favorite runs of the day. High Peaks never opened so it was fairly quiet and never really got skied off.

I worry what will happen next weekend between MLK and the WUG there could be way too many people on way too little terrain.

I was really hoping to be able to park at the ski bowl and ski Burnt Ridge MLK, guess not.
I wouldn’t plan on it for Presidents’ Week either.

088506C9-3EFF-46C8-BB2B-5C4E436B9706.jpeg

From cashless to cash only…

Tomorrow's report says High Peaks chair not running again. This season The Dark Side has taken on a new meaning.

Conditions were pretty good today. A lot better than the weekend. Didn’t ski topridge but open pit and tahawas were in really good shape. Showcase much improved and quick silver was nice. Hawkeye was getting skied off pretty early. Sleeping bear not so good.

Snowmaking on pine knot, twister, lower echo, and wood in. Maybe more that I didn’t see.

Tom

Back