Gore Mountain Conditions

What are the best events? When are they?

What are the best events? When are they?
I'm preferential to the big air and slopestyle events.

At Gore snowboard/ski cross is this weekend with finals on Monday, freestyle snowboard/ski events next week with slopestyle finals Wednesday and big air finals Friday and slalom/giant slalom events next weekend. But lots more up in Lake Placid, Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake. Full event details:

Do you think you'd be able to see well without a front row seat?

If anyone wants to cover this for the front page raise your hand! Somehow, I feel like we should embrace it.

If anyone wants to cover this for the front page raise your hand! Somehow, I feel like we should embrace it.
I was thinking about going to the big air qualifying next Thursday (10am - 2pm). I could take some pics for you if you want.

I was thinking about going to the big air qualifying next Thursday (10am - 2pm). I could take some pics for you if you want.
I mean I don't know squat about the sport, so I couldn't really write something myself.

If you notice I had Glyn write the World Cup.

Not sure what you will be able to see. It looks like you could walk around the fence steering skiers from Jamboree and Sunway to the base area and get up to the fence around the runout area past the finish line/timing shed. Other than that all surrounding terrain is closed. You might be lucky enough to be riding the gondola while a heat was passing beneath you.
Apparently it’s not a concern that they are putting on an event that’s virtually impossible to watch. Unless you stay home on Friday and watch ESPNU. My Directtv guide says those shows are Super G and Mixed Team Relay, so that’s from Whiteface.
in other news, the Dark Side is still dark.

Not sure what you will be able to see. It looks like you could walk around the fence steering skiers from Jamboree and Sunway to the base area and get up to the fence around the runout area past the finish line/timing shed. Other than that all surrounding terrain is closed. You might be lucky enough to be riding the gondola while a heat was passing beneath you.
Apparently it’s not a concern that they are putting on an event that’s virtually impossible to watch. Unless you stay home on Friday and watch ESPNU. My Directtv guide says those shows are Super G and Mixed Team Relay, so that’s from Whiteface.
in other news, the Dark Side is still dark.
Hey Debbie Downer, let's meet for a run....Oh yeah met you last year, and the choad meter was on high...Towlie likes to get high, may be a chill pill will work wonders for you

Last edited:
Back