Garden Harvest

Do any of you have any experience with ultrasonic nuisance animal repellers? I'm dealing with a nuisance chipmunk that is becoming a threat to my zucchini plants. I want to try some alternatives to rat traps as I've already trapped 1 chipmunk but a week later also wound up with a bird in the rat trap which lead me to think I should transition back to have-a-heart traps. Has anyone used the ultrasonic repellers for smaller critters and had luck?
lol
just spent the weekend at my inlaws
they have a big rabbit problem. he bought one these, my daughters said the noise was deafening . Bottom line, the rabbits were chopping away right in front of the device..

Have a heart traps work the nuts. I have eliminated the chipmunk population around my house.n the squirrels are a little brighter but the pigs can't resist for long. I rehomed them a mile up the road at a jerks house. 26 and counting

Have a heart traps work the nuts. I have eliminated the chipmunk population around my house.n the squirrels are a little brighter but the pigs can't resist for long. I rehomed them a mile up the road at a jerks house. 26 and counting
Some Havaheart trap history.
Our neighbor in Ossining family’s company.

Another great year for blueberries
Been giving away several gallons.
Lots more to pick.
Pickin is good therapy.
Helps eye hand coordination with stretches.
Eatin em ain’t bad either.
Are you picking wild berries?
20 years ago I planted 24 “Little bushes “ now there 8’ tall .
Up until this year I’ve been swamped with berries but this year my som started feeding Bluejays peanuts, I must say I’m glad they are around as I really dread coming home after a long day and picking berries. At least they’re not going to waste.
They do a number on the berries, my neighbor has 140 bushes and still they seem drawn to my patch .

Are you picking wild berries?
Nope. Put in ~8 bushes for Mother's Day present a long time ago and ~dozen bushes a few years ago.
20 years ago I planted 24 “Little bushes “ now there 8’ tall .
Up until this year I’ve been swamped with berries but this year my som started feeding Bluejays peanuts, I must say I’m glad they are around as I really dread coming home after a long day and picking berries. At least they’re not going to waste.
They do a number on the berries, my neighbor has 140 bushes and still they seem drawn to my patch .
The dang beetles are the only thing that really bothers them a bit but this year those things are busier on the red raspberries in the front yard.
The beagles help with bird control and fertilizer.
They're organic.
We’ve also fledged 2 nests of bluebirds so far this year.

Picking blueberries is past peak here but still real good.
The big tomatoes are now getting ripe. Lots of the small ones too.
Blackberries are big and ripe too.
I believe the zen-yoga-ish pickin has helped the golf game.

For folks in Vermont there’s this going on now.

Back