F Vail

I give Geoff a lot of credit. They have faced a bunch this year.

At least they give him credit for parking cars and flipping burgers to make up for the staffing shortage. Which I can confirm because the guy graciously gave me the last two hot dogs for free when the grill shut down. How many GMs are out there doing that?
When Katz & Stu discussed affordable housing problem for employees Katz mentions Boulder and never once mentioned his Broomfield Headquarters neighbors and most likely some of his employees that were just burnt out.
Katz’s out of touch and doubt he’ll be out giving free hotdogs like the ones mentioned above.
It’s at the 1hr20min mark or so.

Couldn't listen to the entire podcast all at once. The second half had more interesting content. Could tell when Katz was out of his comfort zone when it came to operational issues outside of Colorado and Tahoe.

Anyone count how many times Katz says "ya know."? Pet peeve of mine since a teacher in high school made a point about that phrase.
'Like', 'uh', and 'ya know'. I am sure I still do those, but have practiced to get closer to silence is better than gap fillers jammed into our brains at young ages.

... After experiencing the ASC bankruptcy at my favorite hill, and watching many hills go down for whatever reasons, I just want responsible management of whatever is left. Give me a nice skiing experience at a reasonable price, and I'll be your customer. Don't do stupid crap that not only harms your balance sheet, but your competitors, when they're forced to compete. You're not Uber, with an endless stream of cash you can just take out back and light on fire. It's snow farming, as Lazlo says. Think like a farmer.
These folks are successful farmers ~10 miles or so from Song Mountain on the Onondaga Hill in The Up State.
They make some of their own equipment and maintain+fix nearly all of it themselves.
It’s cold snowy farming in the winter.
Got milk and/or cheese? Thanks for watching.

Seems a local isn't happy in Park City.
Not running lifts is a problem for VR. But not having reliable free public bus service is a pandemic staffing issue for the town.

For context, the free bus between Taos and TSV didn't run at all last season and isn't running this season either. TSV has been fully open all season so I presume the issue is lack of bus drivers.

The new GM for Attitash, Brandon Swarz, is from the northeast. Is that a good sign? He wants his kids to grow up in NH.

The former GM of Attitash who quit recently mid-season has become the GM of Mt. Rose.

Back