F Vail

Bi-partisan local BeaverCreekite pays $50 on mountain for some lettuce, chili, gatorades and a cookie.
Has to wait in line 20 min. to pay. Chili gets cold.
Then gets told he has to go outside to eatit with snow falling @17F.
Was polite and followed all the rules but went downstairs to eat on a bench by the bathroom.
The epicshitshow continues.

Last edited:
@Stu is my friend and I REALLY try to support his efforts any way I can. I do read every newsletter, but somehow can't bring myself to listen to a pod.

Someone listen and report back? ?

I listened to the first 50 minutes or so, then I had to go out. Will get to the rest later

Last edited:
Geoff from Magic wasn't exactly thrilled to be featured in an article with that headline.

Hey, it’s been cold for a month and the snow’s good now in a lot of places.
Folks are still blowing snow.
Be happy.
Vuck Fail.

I listened to the first 50 minutes or so, then I had to go out. Will get to the rest later
Couldn't listen to the entire podcast all at once. The second half had more interesting content. Could tell when Katz was out of his comfort zone when it came to operational issues outside of Colorado and Tahoe.

Anyone count how many times Katz says "ya know."? Pet peeve of mine since a teacher in high school made a point about that phrase.

"Any publicity is good publicity"? The article wasn't really critical of Magic anyway, just that they had some staffing shortages which everyone has had

"Any publicity is good publicity"? The article wasn't really critical of Magic anyway, just that they had some staffing shortages which everyone has had

True. I don't think he was totally serious either.

Reactions: abe
At least they give him credit for parking cars and flipping burgers to make up for the staffing shortage. Which I can confirm because the guy graciously gave me the last two hot dogs for free when the grill shut down. How many GMs are out there doing that?

Back