F Vail

The new GM for Attitash, Brandon Swarz, is from the northeast. Is that a good sign? He wants his kids to grow up in NH.
If he knows how to get lifts to spin it would help. There’s snow.
This weekend's most recent lift shitshow wasn’t fun for the folks, allegedly.

Dumb article. The writer mixed the crowd issue with the unrelated low numbers of minority skiers.
Fail keeps saying that they are making it more inclusive by the cheap passes. Beginners don't buy season passes and $200 for a lift ticket, plus rentals, and expensive food doesn't make it more inclusive and entice people to join the sport. I think the CEO missed that point in her logarithms. :rolleyes:

If he knows how to get lifts to spin it would help. There’s snow.
This weekend's most recent lift shitshow wasn’t fun for the folks, allegedly.
That facebook page is pretty funny. Every Fail post makes it look like all champagne and roses and almost every customer post makes it look like vinegar and sh!t. :LOL:

Dumb article. The writer mixed the crowd issue with the unrelated low numbers of minority skiers.
Agreed 100%. And V.R. properties seem like such a s*** show that I wouldn't consider visiting one. To the point that if it were a V.R. property or not ski, I think I would take not skiing. Unless someone sponsored the day.

Yeah, but at least it's experience in the hard work of doing many things on the hill, both large and small. He's not some finance nerd or soda pop marketer.
Right. Those are corporate officers, not on site managers. It would just make more sense if they had someone who had experience doing the many things on the hill, large and small……..on the actual hill where he is being put into service. Or someone from somewhere close enough by that there is some familiarity.

Maybe if it ^^ was the latest craze in B school...

Right. Those are corporate officers, not on site managers. It would just make more sense if they had someone who had experience doing the many things on the hill, large and small……..on the actual hill where he is being put into service. Or someone from somewhere close enough by that there is some familiarity.
Listen to Stuart's interviews with Alterra managers and higher ups, and most actually have a long history around ski mountains. VPs actually bumped chairs, groomed, and taught in ski schools once.

Back