F Vail

not so sure that a traffic jam spewing car exhaust or over-apres’ed drivers sliding into a ditch after dark is any more in harmony with the local character than a new parking lot but hey…
Ya can take the big yellow taxi, just saying.

Ya paved paradise put up a parkin lot...

Here’s Town of $towe Development Review Boards (DRB) decision with discussions by parties involved denying the applicant.
Stowe DRB decision

Last edited:
You ever fuck with the Cupboard Deli down in Jeffersonville? Ain't no need for Ronald McDonald or Stowe when you've got those $4 wraps and Smuggs on the north side of the notch.
Lol
So true......but that's what makes Smuggs the best on the EC, imo. As you say, with Smuggs itself, and it's access to $towe and the Notch there's nothing better.
Is Juanna's still there?

My point in bringing up 250 was really to set the stage for how antidevelopment Vermonters as a bunch are. VTrans knows there is an issue just as well as local residents do, but more parking really is not a solution in itself when everyone has to filter through downtown Stowe or attempt that horrid left hand turn off Luce Hill onto 108. My solution to this when living in Vermont was avoiding Stowe all together during the wintertime and this was before Fail owned the mountain. The town reached the peak tourist load it could handle in the early 2010's. Short of opening the Notch in the winter to allow travelers in from the north there really is no solution for the traffic issues, something you would realize if you lived with it first hand.
Seems Fail failed their due diligence. I don't blame Stowe one bit.

Not sure about Juanna's, I spent a few months mapping and planning the Lamoille River paddlers trail. Thats why I am so familiar with the deli in town, it's right next to the canoe put-in, I ate there quite a bit those couple of months.

Vail didn't fail to do their DD, they knew exactly what they were doing, buying the crown jewel ski resort of Vermont. Stowe as a town and resort have their issues, but it has one asset that no other place in Vermont can claim, the highest peak in the state of Vermont. In a place as ubiquitous to skiing as Vermont, that claim means something, even though Stowe can't claim highest lift access in the state.

The cost of Stowe before Vails purchase was what kept things in control in terms of traffic and crowding on and off hill and even then, right before the purchase it was beginning to get out of hand. The terrain above tree line and side country access that can be had via the gondola also wasn't a secret to locals, thats why they could justify ponying up the extra cash for a season pass, once Epic came around that privilege was accessible to the masses.

My point in bringing up 250 was really to set the stage for how antidevelopment Vermonters as a bunch are. VTrans knows there is an issue just as well as local residents do, but more parking really is not a solution in itself when everyone has to filter through downtown Stowe or attempt that horrid left hand turn off Luce Hill onto 108. My solution to this when living in Vermont was avoiding Stowe all together during the wintertime and this was before Fail owned the mountain. The town reached the peak tourist load it could handle in the early 2010's. Short of opening the Notch in the winter to allow travelers in from the north there really is no solution for the traffic issues, something you would realize if you lived with it first hand.
Your solution of avoiding Stowe is fine for you - but it is not a solution. Adding those spots will take some of the traffic off the road. By the way, Act 250 has been around since 1970.

I am well aware of how long Act 250 has been around and its origins. Can you please explain to me how adding a single parking lot across the street from Stowe's XC ski area, 5 miles up the mountain road, that literally requires driving through all of town to get to would do anything to ease traffic?

Adding those spots will take some of the traffic off the road.
How will this take traffic off 108?
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 8.59.48 PM.png

Back