F Vail

A few lifties got a $25 gift card to one of several grocery stores, most of which were more than an hour’s drive from the resort.
If that wasn’t enough of a perk, all of them got some food, too.
Inside each package was a box of cereal, oatmeal, a few single-serving plastic fruit cups, some potatoes, an onion or two, and a loaf of bread, the employee told The Daily Herald.

No Pepsi?
Vuck Fail.

A few lifties got a $25 gift card to one of several grocery stores, most of which were more than an hour’s drive from the resort.
If that wasn’t enough of a perk, all of them got some food, too.
Inside each package was a box of cereal, oatmeal, a few single-serving plastic fruit cups, some potatoes, an onion or two, and a loaf of bread, the employee told The Daily Herald.

No Pepsi?
Vuck Fail.
Meanwhile senior management shows up and eats gourmet meals on Vail property which then is charged to their company credit card as a business expense.

Only time I was there was in July of 88 for a weeklong meeting.
The USA women’s ski team was in town for training and was an added bonus.
Caught a nice rainbow in a reservoir and golfed a couple times.
The place was beautiful.
My ex and I knew someone who lived in one of the smaller of the Macmansion homes newly built outside of town with a nice view of the mountains. At the time it was worth about 325,000, now, hell, 2-3 million? It was sweet. Visited both winter and summer, and summer convinced me I wanted to live there, with, yeah, a little golf thrown in. Jackson 4 hours north, all the southern Utah coolness four hours south. Was never really a fan of Park City ski hill itself, but, it was OK, and the Canyons didn't even exist yet. Deer valley midweek season tickets were in the 4-500 dollar range, so I'd be skiing there a lot.
It was the least Mormon places in Utah. Still is, I guess, but, good lord, it's destroyed. Sad. Last time I was there I witnessed L.A. girls stumbling around town in stupid high heels Sex in the City style with their asshole boyfriends, and thought, that's it, never again. Also had this incredibly mediocre meal in "the best place in town" we payed 45-50 dollars for entrees in a nothing room with kids running around. I don't get it.

You can do so much better in Europe.

My ex and I knew someone who lived in one of the smaller of the Macmansion homes newly built outside of town with a nice view of the mountains. At the time it was worth about 325,000, now, hell, 2-3 million? It was sweet. Visited both winter and summer, and summer convinced me I wanted to live there, with, yeah, a little golf thrown in. Jackson 4 hours north, all the southern Utah coolness four hours south. Was never really a fan of Park City ski hill itself, but, it was OK, and the Canyons didn't even exist yet. Deer valley midweek season tickets were in the 4-500 dollar range, so I'd be skiing there a lot.
It was the least Mormon places in Utah. Still is, I guess, but, good lord, it's destroyed. Sad. Last time I was there I witnessed L.A. girls stumbling around town in stupid high heels Sex in the City style with their asshole boyfriends, and thought, that's it, never again. Also had this incredibly mediocre meal in "the best place in town" we payed 45-50 dollars for entrees in a nothing room with kids running around. I don't get it.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded. Park City West opened in 1968 and was renamed Park West under new ownership in 1975. It became The Canyons in 1997 when it was purchased by ASC.

My ex and I knew someone who lived in one of the smaller of the Macmansion homes newly built outside of town with a nice view of the mountains...

When I was there they laughed about the place being labeled “sin city” by the other Utes.
They had bars but ya had to be a member of their “social club” to get served. Cost a buck or something.
It was easier to just play golf & ask the cart girl for a cold one.
There was a lot of building McMansions going on in 88.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded. Park City West opened in 1968 and was renamed Park West under new ownership in 1975. It became The Canyons in 1997 when it was purchased by ASC.
It was bankrupt and closed before Otten took all of the revenue from Killington and built that place. I skied it once when it was ParkWest before that, it sucked, but was cheap for my few hours off the plane. No matter how many zillions anybody can invest in that place, it still has the worst snow of all the SLC and Ogden ski hills. But, some people love it.

It was the least Mormon places in Utah.
Park City is the only town in Utah that never had an LDS stake. It was a mining town full of Irish catholic immigrants. It went bust with silver prices at the end of the 19th century. I was there with a CYO baseball team in 58 and it was the poorest place I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been to Cuba.

Skiing has been good to PC.

mm

Back