F Vail

Is that "normal" though? New snow during Christmas week?

Is that "normal" though? New snow during Christmas week?
Worse the normal from what I can tell. Limited terrain before the snowstorm probably meant pent up demand by people who were already at a destination resort in Colorado or Utah. Difference is that lines at Epic resort make more headlines than for Snowbird or Jackson Hole or . . .

My Albuquerque ski buddy was invited to join a few friends at Park City during the holiday week. He got an Epic pass that he plans to use at Telluride, Crested Butte and perhaps in Tahoe later in the season. He knew holidays are busier, but hadn't experienced it first hand before. Don't think he'll ever try skiing between Christmas and New Year's again. ;)

The Canyons gondola line he sent pictures of was on the order of 20-30 40 minutes. That type of wait can happen during the holidays in NC/VA . . . for a base chairlift ride of 5-10 minutes for a run that takes 1-2 minutes for an intermediate. Location matters.

EDIT: Canyons gondola wait was 40 minutes.

Last edited:
I bet the lines at places like Monarch, Sunlight or Lost Trail weren’t nearly that bad over the holidays.

It's a crying shame what's happened to Park City in my lifetime.
Only time I was there was in July of 88 for a weeklong meeting.
The USA women’s ski team was in town for training and was an added bonus.
Caught a nice rainbow in a reservoir and golfed a couple times.
The place was beautiful.

It's a crying shame what's happened to Park City in my lifetime.
The blame lies with PCMR for failing to renew the $155k (now costs Vail $25 million) land lease in 2011. Hard to blame Vail for that incredibly stupid and arrogant failure.

We're going to Utah soon and people ask, you doing Park City?
My daughter's ski buddy from Alta Lodge when they were tweens is there this week with his family. He said except for the initial wait at Collins first thing in the morning, the lift line waits have been around 10 minutes.

He caught the rope drop for Ballroom today. He took the traverse all the way out and hiked Baldy Shoulder. Sounded like a run of a lifetime.

My guess is that the majority of the people skiing PC this week aren't good enough to ski Ballroom in deep power.

Back