F Vail

I heard that speculation yesterday. Holiday Valley and Bristol.

I could see Holiday Valley much more than Bristol, as it has lots of condos, hotels etc. and it attracts a much greater population base-Buffalo, Toronto, Cleveland etc. Bristol has very little overnight accommodation infrastructure, and while yes, we do get Canadian and other out of state visitors, the customer base is still fairly localized. FWIW, Holiday Valley has gotten in Ski Magazine's top twenty Eastern Resorts quite a few times, while Bristol isn't even a blip.

So what's next for Vail? Holiday Valley? I could see that happening. We hear every year rumors of Bristol being sold, but the gossip mill is always working overtime there................
Tog, with $ to both Greek & SkiCNY for indemnification purposes only.

I hear that speculation yesterday. Holiday Valley and Bristol. :eek:

Please no.
Seriously it would be a tragedy if Vail put their dirty mitts on Bristol or Holiday Valley. At what point does Vail get into antitrust territory?

Feels like Vail could generate some goodwill by buying defunct ski areas in depressed towns and sinking their millions into restoring them by beefing up the snowmaking & hiring from the local community.

Signed,
Someone who wants to ski Big Tupper again

Feels like Vail could generate some goodwill ...
Vail’s “goodwill" jumped by $1.1 billion in 2017, allegedly
Why? Whistler’s, allegedly.

Last edited:
Back