F Vail

Ely, Nevada is my new favorite spot. It’s as dirt bag as it gets and is surrounded by big, beautiful mountains

I don’t get it.

Shitposting?

I started the thread and could care less where it goes. Why would you care about that anyways? It seems like a silly thing to let bother you.

Or maybe I don’t really understand Internet forums ?‍♂️?

I hear the backcountry terrain outside of Elko and Verdi Peak is heavy.
It’s everywhere up there. Huge spines of alpine mountains run south to north, one range after another all the way across the 50 and up to the 80.

Most homes in the area are 80 to 150k. The cost of living is next to nothing.

Most of the approaches though……are of the pretty involved to the brutal, kill the weak, super epic death march sort of thing. I think you’d want a snowmobile and a jeep or some other kind of competent off road vehicle.

Last edited:
It’s everywhere up there. Huge spines of alpine mountains run south to north, one range after another all the way across the 50 and up to the 80.

Most homes in the area are 80 to 150k. The cost of living is next to nothing.

Most of the approaches though……are of the pretty involved to the brutal, kill the weak, super epic death march sort of thing. I think you’d want a snowmobile and a jeep or some other kind of competent off road vehicle.
Sounds dreamy

I don’t get it.

Shitposting?

I started the thread and could care less where it goes. Why would you care about that anyways? It seems like a silly thing to let bother you.

Or maybe I don’t really understand Internet forums ?‍♂️?
I took the post I was responding to to mean that I was the shit poster. The previous page was full of shit posts. Whatever,

I guess I don't think that hating Vail but not hating capitalism makes you a hypocrite, which seemed to be the direction things were going there. Maybe I'm too sensitive. I am going through some personal shit right now so maybe that's making me prickly.

I took the post I was responding to to mean that I was the shit poster. The previous page was full of shit posts. Whatever,

I guess I don't think that hating Vail but not hating capitalism makes you a hypocrite, which seemed to be the direction things were going there. Maybe I'm too sensitive. I am going through some personal shit right now so maybe that's making me prickly.
Sorry to hear that, nothing here is personal. We all have the right to our own view points, I was trying to keep things for the most part out of the weeds of politics. Our world lately is constructed on pushing us apart and creating difference. We have more alike as individuals than our media wants us to believe, and here we all share a passion for snow. It's impossible to not be a hypocrite in the world today, everything can seem like a contradiction. Bringing up Venezuela when I was just trying to make a legitimate observation on the impacts of market forces on the ski industry just came across as reactionary. Don't get me wrong I might listen to a lot of Woody Guthrie, but I also ain't lookin to live under a dictator like Nicolas Maduro, the snow probably sucks that close to the equator anyway ;).

Back