F Vail

Even if it is a total crowded shit show with thousands showing up how many employees do the have? A few hundred? And many would theoretically be working anyway? Maybe it's about parking? How many employees want to ski opening day?

I agree it's dumb and bad press, but I don't think they care.

Yep, there are reasons that paid parking has value. Will be happening at Snowbird and Alta on weekends and holidays this season. But season pass holders get it free, while it's the non-passholders who will have to pay if they don't want to take the bus.
Yea on AZ one of the mods is a passholder and he's bitching about it. I don't get it.

Even if it is a total crowded shit show with thousands showing up how many employees do the have? A few hundred? And many would theoretically be working anyway? Maybe it's about parking? How many employees want to ski opening day?

I agree it's dumb and bad press, but I don't think they care.
The lady who wrote it’s husband works there.
She wants to ski opening day it seems.

Restricting employees skiing during holidays and the busiest periods isn’t something new at really big and busy ski areas. It’s often a sort of “all hands on deck” kind of thing.

People will bitch about anything.

Still……Vail sucks. But if you don’t like them don’t ski at their resorts or work for them.

If you hate a ski areas policies or pricing show them with your purchasing choices. That’s capitalism and the consumer has the ability to sway these things by deciding to no longer use products from these companies.

I’ve always been a fan of our ski area and a proponent for their management but unfortunately I’m starting to feel that skiing here isn’t worth my money. Their success is pushing me away but I can’t blame them for that, it’s a business and in that regard they are killing it. My interests are in other places and activities at this point and I’m ok with that.

Last edited:
A few years ago Gore told employees no parking in the upper lot. They were bummed, but IMO there is a difference between being at work and being on vacation.

Blue Mt PA did that last season for opening week because of COVID, including family passes. It sucked missing opening day shenanigans but we just went elsewhere and had better skiing anyway.

Haven't heard yet what they're doing this year

Restricting employees skiing during holidays and the busiest periods isn’t something new at really big and busy ski areas. It’s often a sort of “all hands on deck” kind of thing.

People will bitch about anything.
Still……Vail sucks. But if you don’t like them don’t ski at their resorts or work for them
Husband is working there. The wife penned the letter.
Don’t know if she could still buy a lift ticket for opening day or what she meant by “restrict”.
I’d guess Vail Resorts would take her cash if she wanted to and was allowed to purchase. Hope they don’t retaliate against him for the letter.

"This year Vail Resorts chose to restrict opening day for their employees and all the dependents."

She wrote a letter about Vail’s rental crisis earlier. 2015.

Husband is working there. The wife penned the letter.
Don’t know if she could still buy a lift ticket for opening day or what she meant by “restrict”.
I’d guess Vail Resorts would take her cash if she wanted to and was allowed to purchase. Hope they don’t retaliate against him for the letter.

"This year Vail Resorts chose to restrict opening day for their employees and all the dependents."

She wrote a letter about Vail’s rental crisis earlier. 2015.
Yeah, while I love to bash certain big corps like Vail, I can't at all be upset if they have restrictions on their free or deeply discounted perks for employees and family. Kind of like the flight benefits that airline employees have--- there are restrictions but they're always be able to buy a ticket like everyone else.

Yeah, while I love to bash certain big corps like Vail, I can't at all be upset if they have restrictions on their free or deeply discounted perks for employees and family. Kind of like the flight benefits that airline employees have--- there are restrictions but they're always be able to buy a ticket like everyone else.
Yup, but there’s a shortage of employees now, allegedly.
Ain’t gonna make employees and their families any happier telling them their dependents can’t get the “perk” on opening day.

Back