F Vail

Paid parking $15 or $30 for almost all lots at Mt Snow. Weekends and Holidays.

Paid parking $15 or $30 for almost all lots at Mt Snow.

When the parking fees were announced in early June, it was described as 60% of the parking. Fair to say that Northeast Epic holders who go there weren't happy. (I don't know Mt. Snow at all.)

When the parking fees were announced in early June, it was described as 60% of the parking. Fair to say that Northeast Epic holders who go there weren't happy. (I don't know Mt. Snow at all.)
You don’t want to go there on weekends or holidays unless you like your skiing like rush hour traffic.

F Epic and F IKON.

You don’t want to go there on weekends or holidays unless you like your skiing like rush hour traffic.

Mt Snow is maxed. That's why they can do this, it makes good business sense. If they can drive some skiers away and make up for it with parking, that's probably a good thing.

The fact that I won't go there is irrelevant. The value of their brand to someone like me, is meaningless.

Everybody needs to read this classic improvement of the guest experience:

Parking Plan for Winter 2021-22​

As part of our ongoing effort to improve the guest experience at Mount Snow Resort, we are implementing a new parking plan for the 2021-22 winter season.

Premium parking for a daily fee of $15 weekdays and $30 weekends and holiday periods will be available in Lot A and Upper Carinthia. On weekends and holiday periods, Lot B, Lot C, Sundance, and Lower Carinthia will also be paid parking at a rate of $15. Lot D, Lot E, and the Tiered Lots—which comprise nearly half of the resort’s total parking—will remain free daily, and all lots will be free after 1 p.m. throughout the season. Payment will be handled electronically through an application accessible via smartphone.

These changes will alleviate congestion to help ensure faster, more efficient parking for all our valued guests, especially at our busiest times."

Yikes, what a bunch of BS.

Everybody needs to read this classic improvement of the guest experience:
As part of our ongoing effort to improve the guest experience at Mount Snow Resort, we are implementing a new parking plan for the 2021-22 winter season.
Premium parking for a daily fee of $15 weekdays and $30 weekends and holiday periods will be available in Lot A and Upper Carinthia.
These changes will alleviate congestion to help ensure faster, more efficient parking for all our valued guests, especially at our busiest times."
Yikes, what a bunch of BS.
Just implement another fast pass for cars to get around the plebes waiting in line to park.
Mo money for the corp and smooth sailing for folks with extra $.
Win-win.
Vail sucks.

Fair to say that Northeast Epic holders who go there weren't happy.

I am a Northeast Epic holder and I have been to Mount Snow twice each of the past two winters (three times on a weekend and one day over President's Week)--I wouldn't characterize any of those days as especially crowded except for some congestion near the base and waiting line for the bubble lift.

As for the extra $15 bucks, I look at it this way: that pass was $475, Hunter is the closest mountain to me, I am going there 3-5 times anyway, throw in a weekend at Stowe and anything above that is essentially free. Would I prefer free parking at Mount Snow? Yes. Will I walk/take the shuttle and park for free? Most likely. But if I do shell out that extra $15 once or twice in the season, I am still way ahead of the game. Furthermore, what we all learned last year is that tailgating in the parking lot can be pretty fun. Pack a lunch (instead of eating/drinking at the Mountain) and grab a $15 spot and again, you're ahead of the game.

As for the extra $15 bucks, I look at it this way: that pass was $475, Hunter is the closest mountain to me, I am going there 3-5 times anyway, throw in a weekend at Stowe and anything above that is essentially free. Would I prefer free parking at Mount Snow? Yes. Will I walk/take the shuttle and park for free? Most likely. But if I do shell out that extra $15 once or twice in the season, I am still way ahead of the game. Furthermore, what we all learned last year is that tailgating in the parking lot can be pretty fun. Pack a lunch (instead of eating/drinking at the Mountain) and grab a $15 spot and again, you're ahead of the game.
Yep, there are reasons that paid parking has value. Will be happening at Snowbird and Alta on weekends and holidays this season. But season pass holders get it free, while it's the non-passholders who will have to pay if they don't want to take the bus.

My ski buddy opted to pay for the most expensive parking at Copper last season. In that case, nervousness about riding the big shuttle bus was a factor.

JH and Snowmass have had paid parking for the lots within walking distance for years. But they also have multiple large free lots with good shuttle bus service. Even Taos has a small paid lot, but it's rarely full.

Someone wrote a letter to editor of VailDaily.
It relates to Vail Resorts’ employees and all their dependents being restricted from skiing @Vail on opening day today.
WTF Vail Resorts.

Back