F Vail

Haha.

With skiing maybe it's true:

Stowe used to be way more expensive. Was it better then?
Never been to Stowe but it probably was better then because now it will definitely be more crowded with a 42% increase in pass sales.
I'll be avoiding Vail areas like the plague just to avoid the crowds. I used to be able to get deals at Jack Frost where I would go on a Sunday morning if I wasn't traveling farther north. Even if they had a deal I would avoid it just for the crowds.
I have a cheap place to stay right near Mount Snow. Used to do one day there and one at Magic or Berkshire East. Now it will be Magic and Berkshire East.I can't imagine what the crowds will look like at Mount Snow this year and, if I recall correctly, they're charging for parking on top of it.

Never been to Stowe but it probably was better then because now it will definitely be more crowded with a 42% increase in pass sales.
I'll be avoiding Vail areas like the plague just to avoid the crowds. I used to be able to get deals at Jack Frost where I would go on a Sunday morning if I wasn't traveling farther north. Even if they had a deal I would avoid it just for the crowds.
I have a cheap place to stay right near Mount Snow. Used to do one day there and one at Magic or Berkshire East. Now it will be Magic and Berkshire East.I can't imagine what the crowds will look like at Mount Snow this year and, if I recall correctly, they're charging for parking on top of it.
The Mansfield side was probably about the same. The changes at Stowe started when the fancy lodge was built on the other side, which was probably what made Stowe a logical purchase for Vail Resorts. The previous owner, AIG, kept the land that still could be developed for private lodging on the Spruce side.

Wasn't the Stowe pass something like $1800?
Yep. I was at a Diva gathering at Stowe the season before it was on the Epic pass. I had the MCP and used that for a couple days. The owner of the independent motel I stayed at was very happy with the change. He was going to be able to get Epic passes for himself, his wife, and young daughter the next season and use the money saved for a late season trip out west. The Epic pass gave him plenty of destination resort options after Stowe was done in the spring.

Folks at Vail left valves open for snow making water since March, allegedly.
Then went to refill their reservoir tank, then this happens...
That is so not cool. Mountain Mngr should have to answer some questions over that.

I believe katz is still in charge and just look like different CEO

Back