F Vail

Not making excuses for the two stuck on the chair- probably colossal dopes- but that’s a terrible procedure. I doubt they kept doing it that way after that incident

that’s a terrible procedure. I doubt they kept doing it that way after that incident
Here’s another one, I was skiing at Silverton and chatting up the guide as we rode the chair together. I was asking him about all of the crazy shit that has happened there and he had no shortage of stories. I was really amazed at the avalanche control work that they do so most of our conversation was about that. He told me one morning they spun up the chair to go do some control work and started going up as they were ready. On his way up the chair stopped. He radioed for a certain person to start it back up. “I’m on the chair.”, was the reply. “OK, how about so and so?” “I’m on the chair too.” “Where’s…” And so it went until it was realized that everyone was on the chair with no one at the bottom. Someone jumped down into the fresh pow and skied down to start it back up. He said they now have a strict policy in place.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bad B movie

I just saw an article that she entered the gondola at the top at 4:58 to download to it's base because she was "too tired" to ride down. The lifts stop running at 4, of course. Why was she "too tired" almost an hour after the mountain shut down? Hmmm...is there a nice bar in that top gondola building? Betcha. Were her friends who were frantically trying to find her with her in the bar, and skied and rode down instead? Betcha a little more.

Reminds me of a funny story a friend always tells me about spending way too much time in the Killington peak bar watching the Giants win, and then having to ski down drunk in the dark.

I just saw an article that she entered the gondola at the top at 4:58 to download to it's base because she was "too tired" to ride down. The lifts stop running at 4, of course. Why was she "too tired" almost an hour after the mountain shut down? Hmmm...is there a nice bar in that top gondola building? Betcha. Were her friends who were frantically trying to find her with her in the bar, and skied and rode down instead? Betcha a little more.

Reminds me of a funny story a friend always tells me about spending way too much time in the Killington peak bar watching the Giants win, and then having to ski down drunk in the dark.
None of that matters. It is the lift operator's responsibility to not leave anyone on. Period.

Well, yeah, sure. But that liftie had to get to his happy hour asap. Priorities.

And even if Vail fires him/her, oh, boohoo. I guess he/she can leave that minimum wage gig off their resume.

Last edited:
She should do well with the right lawyer. Just dont fall for the lifetime pass thing. Well, maybe with a ski in and out condo. I'd take that.

Haha. Sueing a liftie. Talk about blood from a stone. Saturated with alcohol and weed.

Back