F Vail

I’ve never waited in a Creekside lineup that long with the new gondola, but my guess would be 1 1/2 hours.

Why some of the Vancouver folks don’t drive a bit further and take the Fitz chair instead is beyond me (the free parking at Creekside isn’t worth it IMO). The new 8-pack is a people eater, and Fitz always has the shortest lines out of the base.

Last edited:
Roughly 2/3rds of Mount Snow's and 80% of Stowe's lots are paid parking.

Paid parking, especially with no season parking pass, hits the heaviest users the hardest. This is all by design of course. Vail has made a calculation that they make more money off 5 day a year skiers than 60 day a year skiers.
I guess good help is hard to find.

"Hanson, having been stopped on his route by the multiple incidents, exited the vehicle and approached the officers on the scene, according to police, and “impairment was observed.”"

Pete, didn't we just see you at the end of the bar at O'Reilly's? And where's that twenty bucks you owe me?

Great advice, ski on a weekday! I wonder why all those people didn't think of that.
Weekday powder days in a place like Whistler can be surprisingly busy. That’s when all the locals ski, so the competition for the best zones is high.

As per the “powder days are overrated” thread, I’d recommend skipping the well advertised pow day and ski the following day (a Sunday in this case) when it wasn’t busy, the groomers were stellar, and there was plenty of untracked to be had.

Well, I've whined about midweek operations at Gore here before, but, I'll do it again. One time in around '05 I drove up there on a Tuesday after it dumped a foot and a half, and was still snowing. After a few quickies off the gondola back down to the base, I made it to the top in my powder frenzy and wound up staring down the run under the old double that the High Peaks chair replaced. You know, pillows and fun all the way down, but roped off. Pfft, I thought, the North quad has to be open, I'll just go all the way down there. I realized maybe 2/3 of the way down, that was a mistake, because the North Quad was also down, and Benny had to waste valuable time and energy hiking out. Fun. So, I buttonhole a patroller, and ask him, why is so much closed on a powder day? Because, he said, it's Tuesday. But, but, there's almost two feet of snow back there. He looks at me blankly, and says, it's Tuesday. Oh, I get it. The downside of state employees running things. No way Killington was half closed that day. I also had a bad experience with like two lifts running on a Monday morning after everything was running Sunday. Everything. It's why I would never drive that distance for early week anything at Gore. Late week is better, I think. Killington is much better, everyday. But they have to market to down staters.

...in around '05 I drove up there on a Tuesday after it dumped a foot and a half, and was still snowing... After a few quickies off the gondola back down to the base, I made it to the top in my powder frenzy and wound up staring down the run under the old double that the High Peaks chair replaced. ...I thought, the North quad has to be open, I'll just go all the way down there. I realized maybe 2/3 of the way down, ... the North Quad was also down, ...So, I buttonhole a patroller, and ask him, why is so much closed on a powder day? Because, he said, it's Tuesday. But, but, there's almost two feet of snow back there. He looks at me blankly, and says, it's Tuesday.
At least ya didn’t have to stay overnight in the gondola.
Whataway to run a shitshow.
She didn’t have a phone with her but where's the RFID tech &/or a liftie when ya need one to get on a lift?
Maybe Fail will comp her some ancillary attachments & add it to their bottom line.

Last edited:
Back