F Vail

I know it! I may be 9 years younger but I’m feeling the same about injuries and pain.
At 61 and doing what I do and working in a kitchen for the last 27 yrs...I have my own personal seat on the pain train...Just remember , If you make friends with your pain . You will never be alone...
Happy New Year!!!

At 61 and doing what I do and working in a kitchen for the last 27 yrs...I have my own personal seat on the pain train...Just remember , If you make friends with your pain . You will never be alone...
Happy New Year!!!
Damn! That's deep bro!

Happy New Beer everyone 🍻

As it should be. Skiing with a family is a different animal.

I give all of you schlepping your kids off to ski, major props! I'm way to selfish to want to do that!

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpeg
    IMG_2650.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2652.jpeg
    IMG_2652.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 78
As it should be. Skiing with a family is a different animal.

I give all of you schlepping your kids off to ski, major props! I'm way to selfish to want to do that!
all it took was 5 days of skiing at 12000 feet and I got the morning to myself to ski some steeps - to be fair my some probably would have skiid all of this faster than me, just not in better form.

Got some dad time haha

Whataya got in yer cooler?
Water. I had a total of two drinks out here - 10,000
Feet and alcohol don’t work well for me.

No altitude sickness. I just had my first great night of sleep. Other nights have been good but waking up thirsty and drinking every few hours.

Both drinks were at meals and I could not finish them.

Ps it is true that if you can ski the east you can ski out west. The only black groomer I got on was cake and the black bumps were a lot softer. No extreme stuff open on this go round.

My daughter's boyfriend wanted to learn to ski this year. He's never skied, and is probably interested mostly because he wants to be part of our daughter's life.

He changed his mind based on the cost of two days of skiing. Lift tickets, ski rental (choose between a more somewhat sane process for a season rental, or the insane process of renting at the mountain - both expensive) and we thought he should have at least one lesson.

Basically the initial investment scared him away. (I volunteered to pay for the lesson.)

You guys can't expect Vail to act in the best interest of skiing. That's not how it works. None of us run our business for the good of all, we do what we do to be profitable. Why would Vail be any different? Once you add the whole "publicly traded" thing into the mix, you can't expect motivations to extend much beyond the next quarter.

Back