F Vail

Vail’s wordsmith score:
“Ancillary” = 11
Any word with “snow” init. =12.
Did the west get snow this 1/4?
The word “snow” = 0.
The word “ancillary” = 6.
They did use the word dang “snowboard" a few times & Mt. Snow once.
It was great year for snow outwest and March delivered good snow ❄️ in the east but just crickets in their discussion of the recent quarterly results...

Also spent $400 million on MTN $tock repurchasing in the last 1/4.
Fail seems to like trying to keep that lift open.

I met Jen Brill in Big Sky right as she was moving to Silverton to start things up with Aaron. She told us about their new plans of adventure and offered invitations. I should have paid closer attention because the stories of the early years are legendary. When I did finally ski there, it was years later with my home crew from NY. I had been in Breckenridge for a month so I was already acclimatized and ready to rip. The zoo crew on the other hand were flopping around like fish out of water. One guy made it down one run but it was survival skiing for him. Another guy happily dropped on the second. It was just four of us and the guide for three more. Only five runs total but it was bluebird on a deep day with no one around. I was just so psyched to be there. The place is nuts. I still can’t believe they pulled it off. Oh yeah, and F Vail they pretty much suck.
Silverton just sold to some A$penites.
& Fuck Vail, they suck.

Did Vail state that their skier visits were down? Do they disclose total skier visits and/or on a regional basis? I know they do not disclose at the resort level.

Back