F Vail

I know: F Vail; however, for those who ski mostly in the northeast, almost unlimited access for the $579 Northeast Value Pass seems to be a good deal or am I missing something? I don't have the bandwidth, well-positioned homebase, or midweek availability to properly take advantage so it's not under consideration but just wondering if the F Vail sentiments are so strong that they'd prevent people from buying it.
  • Hunter
  • Stowe (10 days)
  • Okemo
  • Mount Snow
  • Mount Sunapee
  • Attitash Mountain Resort
  • Wildcat Mountain
  • Crotched Mountain

I haven't skied Crotched or Sunapee. But even leaving driving distance aside, it's probably no surprise I'd take Ski3 for $1000 over the Northeast Value Pass for $5.79.

Stowe is AWESOME but I may never ski there again. If I'm driving to NoVT I'll take Smuggs or Jay anytime. Hunter aside, I have no strong interest in the rest of the list, except for Wildcat, probably my favorite on that list. Maybe when I'm skiing more weekdays than weekends I'll think different. But I still wouldn't change my pass.

I switched to the ski3 when hunter abandoned the West side. Plan on teaching my granddaughter at Royal. Maybe some days at snow ridge again but if they took the t-bars off the old line I will be a bit disappointed. Also Plattekill when the snow is deep.

I switched to the ski3 when hunter abandoned the West side.

When exactly did this happen?

Plan on teaching my granddaughter at Royal.

This is very cool.

Maybe some days at snow ridge again but if they took the t-bars off the old line I will be a bit disappointed.

Please explain. I was told the Tbar was going to be the easiest of the lifts to fix, after the tornado.

Also Plattekill when the snow is deep.

Say hi!

Where are you based (roughly)? Hudson Valley? Mohawk Valley?

West side wasn't exactly abandoned but once the north expansion (under peak) happened the west side lift didn't run midweek and snow making was reduced.

Thanks on the granddaughter.

Snow ridge the old t line on the main face. Defunct forever but you could ski the line. The t bars made for a fun slalom.

Located in dorloo NY western edge of the catskills.

Interesting . . . looks like a 4-season resort and town in central Switzerland.

Fail Resorts Inc is doin a trial of their boot rental app.
They’re gonna get some data from their trial.
If ya can debug that ya gotta chance at the 1st to invent time traveling.
If they can screw up their ski conditions app for the largest place in Canada...
Me thinks that don’t have a chance to put many folks in comfortable correctly fitted ski boots.

Back