F Vail

Heineken zero is really good
Yup Heneiken zero is pretty good. Athletic Brewing, Brew Dog, Laganitas all make excellent NA. Brew Dog is my favorite especially because it's only 20 calories a can which is amazing considering the taste!

Even some of the microbreweries are in the NA game now. Other Half makes the best NA IPA I've had yet. Not yet available in cans though. I guess shelf life is also an issue.

Check expiration dates on the cans / bottles. Often reps cannot or will not take back expired beer and stores may leave it on the shelves. One the other hand some beers keep well. I just drank something from 2016 and it was great (after and expired IPA I had to toss).
I definitely check the "made on" date and won't buy anything over 3 months old.

Same for me until a buddy of mine ruined for me a few years ago. He's in the beer biz, of sorts (he sells centrifuges to breweries), and has shown me the light. There's truly nothing better, imo, that a fresh craft pilz. One thing about craft beer is it has a very short shelf life. He's taught me that any craft beer that's over 2 months old will oxidize and taste like shit. Craft beer has to be drank fresh.
Yup. One month for IPAs, I am told. Check the bottom of most cans.

It's best out of the tap at the brewery, of course. One time I dropped into the Lawson's brewery/tasting room in Warren Vermont (really nice) just to drink Sip of Sunshine straight from the source. The bar person really killed my buzz. She told me it was brewed in Hartford, Ct.. Wah, Wah.

Yup. One month for IPAs, I am told. Check the bottom of most cans.

It's best out of the tap at the brewery, of course. One time I dropped into the Lawson's brewery/tasting room in Warren Vermont (really nice) just to drink Sip of Sunshine straight from the source. The bar person really killed my buzz. She told me it was brewed in Hartford, Ct.. Wah, Wah.
Yeah... Lawson's brewed in CT, I can't remember whether they got bought by anyone. Lovely to recover with a pint of Sip of Sunshine, on tap at Mad River, after the App Gap roller ski race.

Back