F Vail

I have never understood this point. If you are going to ski a few days an an Epic or Ikon or Indy Pass mountain and it works out to be less than (or even close to) the cost of the pass why not get the pass? You can still ski other mountains. Heck, some places (i.e., Jay Peak) will give you a discount if you show them your pass.
Because I won't use it enough for it to pay back. I live in PA and I am not going anywhere near any of the Epic areas in PA on a weekend and if I take a weekday off I'm likely going to the ADK or New England for a long weekend and even if I'm not, I'm not skiing at Big Boulder.
I like Gore and used to be able to buy an early season 4-pack. I don't get there enough to get an ORDA pass. I have the Indy Pass and I'll ski at West on a Friday on the way up and have wanted to check out Oak so I'll ski there on Saturday instead of $109 at Gore.

Because I won't use it enough for it to pay back.
I agree with that. I misunderstood your original point, I thought you were going to SLC but weren't willing to buy a pass (for some reason). I look at passes the same way I do discounted lift tix. A couple years ago I had an EPIC because I knew I would be at Hunter enough to match the window price and any other trip (weekend at Stowe or Okemo) was basically "free." I do not understand Epic or Ikon folks who will only ski mountains on the pass.

Back