F Vail

I skied there twice in the early 00s -- both times on comp lift tix, thank god (wasn't DV the first resort that hit the $100 mark? That felt like a mortgage payment back then). Here's the first time, April 2002.

This pic never gets old -- looks like something you'd see at a top-shelf Alps resort:
picture_0083-jpg.jpg
I have seen that in a shiny foil like material, and, one time, all leather. Where does one buy an all leather one piece?

I skied there 15 years ago. Parked in a parking garage and walked into what felt like a hotel lobby. The bathrooms are what I remember most not the skiing
Snowbasin currently gets my prize for exotic bathrooms and lodges. It's like Donald Trump and John Wayne collaborated on the design.

Bar none Snowbasin has the best base and mountain lodges and bathrooms. Gorgeous luxury.
And no condos. So bizarre. Although I think they are finally working on that, after all this time.

First time I was there was pre Olympics, 1993. Two doubles, two triples, nice old base. Big two foot dump, nobody, I mean, nobody there. One old patroller leans into me in the lodge over coffee and says, very seriously, don't tell anybody about this place. It was like he was threatening me. He's probably crying in heaven.

First time I was there was pre Olympics, 1993. Two doubles, two triples, nice old base. Big two foot dump, nobody, I mean, nobody there. One old patroller leans into me in the lodge over coffee and says, very seriously, don't tell anybody about this place. It was like he was threatening me. He's probably crying in heaven.
About you telling folks about that on the intrawebs Uncle Ben?:)

And no condos. So bizarre. Although I think they are finally working on that, after all this time.

I bet it was awesome back then.

Back