Enjoy this Thread Responsibly

That’s pretty interesting. The winners are mostly from the big traditional producers rather then the newby hipster operations

My brother has been telling me for some time about this one, his latest greatest discovery at Total Wines and one of his favorites. Another cross-over barrel creation (the single malt scotch is aged in first fill American Oak bourbon casks) this is a scotch I can get behind. Pretty nice drinking for $40 per 750ml.

A1C08A6D-E4FC-4612-AF96-4F5091D77ECC.jpeg

Farm Distilleries seem to be all the rage....and this is an Adirondack rendition from Springbrook in Queensbury. Bourbon + Adirondacks = Must Try.

20230A74-35C3-457A-B75E-F0F070F750A1.jpeg

It’s pretty good. Not quite as good as the Beam Single Barrel (which is very good btw), but not that far off really.

Last edited:
I also picked up a bottle of Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve. Man, that’s smooth. I guess that’s my trick for Scotch, up the age statement? This one comes at a premium over the 12 year, but not by that much.

Last edited:
Throwing in a beer post, I recently pick up by me a twelve of Elysian Space Dust. Yeah, maybe not everyone is into the whole explosion of IPAs, but this is good stuff and it’s nice to have a little taste of the PNW at home!

I also picked up a bottle of Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve. Man, that’s smooth. I guess that’s my trick for Scotch, up the age statement? This one comes at a premium over the 12 year, but not by that much.
A lot of people think 15 or 16 years is the sweet spot.

Bourgogne rouge with last night's meal. Wild yeast fermentation, aged in old oak barrels. Yum.

Unfortunately I don't drink burgundy often enough. Too expensive.

beverage.jpeg

Good stuff there, Peter. Burgundy is challenging. It’s definitely one of the categories I could learn more about.

Good stuff there, Peter. Burgundy is challenging. It’s definitely one of the categories I could learn more about.
Agreed. My favorites are southern French wines - Rhône, Languedoc, Côtes de Rousillon, as they match better with what I'm cooking. (OK, European wines in general, but that's a thread for another day. ) As well as my budget.

Big thing for me and red Burgundies is tasting through tannins and acidity, to see what they'll be.

Agreed. Much of the wine I buy is from the Languedoc Region, or Cotes du Rhône.

Since we are talking wine....I buy a lot of Montepulciano. Also a fan of Merlot and Shiraz.

Back