Coronavirus and Skiing

Vail has posted their operating plan for this season here. While this link is for Hunter, it's the exact same thing at all their resorts. For me, and anyone else who wanted a normal season, the mandatory indoor mask policy will come as a major disappointment. However, there is plenty of good news here. There will be no reservation system, all lifts (including gondolas) will return to full capacity, and no masks required outdoors. You win some you lose some I guess. I'm sure there are some hypochondriacs out there who didn't want full capacity lifts. They are also requiring proof of vaccination to eat inside. Though I'm not an Epic Pass holder, last year, many other resorts modeled their operational plans from Vail, so it is relevant.

Thanks for posting that sno.

Not surprising. Actually a relief in most regards. I'll be interested to see how the indoor mask policy plays out.

For the lift capacity, and no masks outdoors, yes definitely a relief. For the indoor mask mandate, I consider it a disappointment, though not a surprise. I believe their hand was forced in that regard. Apparently there is a law requiring Forest Service permit holders to enforce all CDC recommendations. This affects nearly all of their western resorts, so they applied the same thing everywhere.

For the lift capacity, and no masks outdoors, yes definitely a relief. For the indoor mask mandate, I consider it a disappointment, though not a surprise. I believe their hand was forced in that regard. Apparently there is a law requiring Forest Service permit holders to enforce all CDC recommendations. This affects nearly all of their western resorts, so they applied the same thing everywhere.
There’s mandatory vaccinations for anyone working with federal employees or on federal lands. It’s about to be mandatory for conservation corps.

Be interesting to see how many use the lodges. At Gore I went in twice last year, and it was empty. If they stick with their mask requirement I probably go in a few times this year too.

There were some times last year at Gore when I went into the Saddle Lodge, saw how packed it was and immediately left. The lodge capacity seemed like the one covid restriction that ORDA didn't overzealously enforce.

The base lodge at Gore was worse. For some reason they took all the tables out of the main room and packed everyone into the 2 small back rooms. What were they thinking?

mm

Back