Coronavirus and Skiing

Vermont banned masks in schools, and has the highest vaccine rate in the country, so I don't see them shutting down again. I don't think it's going to be like last year where everyone has to operate under pretty much the same guidelines.

All of this is TBD I'm sure. In covid time ski season is far away.

If this place is like it was last year I won’t be skiing much either. It was too much. I think the zoo was mostly because of people working from home and students not having actual classes.

I can’t ski on crowded runs anymore, it scares me and I can’t let go. That’s just not any fun.

I can't remember the last time I skied on a crowded run. Will try to keep it that way too. Indy hills, weekdays.

All of this is TBD I'm sure. In covid time ski season is far away.
That's been the most frustrating part of the past 17 months. The goal posts keep moving. I just stopped listening to the alarmist "experts" once I was 2 weeks after my second vaccine dose, so I've been living normally ever since. But it's hard to do that when places like ORDA will codify the most cautious recommendations fed to them by the state or CDC. Few people ever followed what they said to a T before covid. For example, if you've ever eaten a burger cooked less than well done, then you've ignored them.

Only a matter of time , this wave isnt going away any time soon . More rural counties are not doing well at all.

By way of example ,my home county has a 51per cent vax rate ( higher in the college towns) and transmission is soaring from County fairs , town festivals , bassmaster events etc where locals mixed with seasonal visitors who drive our tourism economy . Safety protocol at most of these events IMHO were LAX

As a result of the steep ramp up of infections Some regional employers are mandating vax .

Moreover , As revenue falls off in most enterprises when either full or modified lockdown occurs , LOOK for employers to extract pain for health insurance coverage costs for the unVaxxed . No doubt insurance comapnies are already strategizing this scenario .

Last edited:
Back