Coronavirus and Skiing

We're seeing that in the Adk too. I'm told we are "this close" to having broadband on our road. That would be a key piece of infrastructure, to help those economies move forward.

I'm so teeter totter on this. I can finally get the IntrAwebZ at my house. I've actually had the phone in my hand to call and sign up 3 times, but have hung up every time. I just don't want it at home, don't need it, don't feel I'd use it, but understand that it would help some be able to work from home.

If you have a child/children in a k-12 system and you just spent the year remote in the mountains in that system- are you really going to pull your kids out of your flatlands school/friends/sports/dance/etc. and put them in a new school system that might not match what is available in the flatlands?

What about your career? Working remote within commuting distance is very different from being 3 hours from your employer. I get the sense that employers are looking at a hybrid office/WFH set-up.

What about your home? Do you have enough space to dedicate to your employer for free? My wife has been working with a 2 screen setup in the dining room for over a year now while having zoom meetings 6-8 hours per day. We have not been able to use our dining room (and that extends to the first floor during work hours) for a year and it makes it difficult for me to WFH. I have been taking calls on the driveway or in the car.

There will be a larger percentage of people WFH going forward, but there are lots of people living in apartments and small houses that really can make WFH difficult. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I'm so teeter totter on this. I can finally get the IntrAwebZ at my house. I've actually had the phone in my hand to call and sign up 3 times, but have hung up every time. I just don't want it at home, don't need it, don't feel I'd use it, but understand that it would help some be able to work from home.
I have DSL from Frontier. It's about thirty bucks a month. It's good enough for me. I can check the weather, email and even watch Netflix.

When high speed came through, I refused to pay more for better internet. But, it's only me. If my son is here and on his phone at the same time, then my connection tanks.

I have DSL from Frontier.

Me too (in the Adk). But it's $50 a month and I have to ask my daughter to stop streaming or playing her game if I want to send an email.

SLIC is coming in with Broadband and it is also $50 a month. And you can reach SLIC with a phone call. An actual human.

Count me in.

If you have a child/children in a k-12 system and you just spent the year remote in the mountains in that system- are you really going to pull your kids out of your flatlands school/friends/sports/dance/etc. and put them in a new school system that might not match what is available in the flatlands?

What about your career? Working remote within commuting distance is very different from being 3 hours from your employer. I get the sense that employers are looking at a hybrid office/WFH set-up.

What about your home? Do you have enough space to dedicate to your employer for free? My wife has been working with a 2 screen setup in the dining room for over a year now while having zoom meetings 6-8 hours per day. We have not been able to use our dining room (and that extends to the first floor during work hours) for a year and it makes it difficult for me to WFH. I have been taking calls on the driveway or in the car.

There will be a larger percentage of people WFH going forward, but there are lots of people living in apartments and small houses that really can make WFH difficult. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

I just got off an hour long call about this. We want to bring people back and many don't want to come back.

Be interesting to see how many quit when we ask them to come back.

I go in every day and I miss having people in the office. I really like going to the office.

I have DSL from Frontier. It's about thirty bucks a month. It's good enough for me. I can check the weather, email and even watch Netflix.

When high speed came through, I refused to pay more for better internet. But, it's only me. If my son is here and on his phone at the same time, then my connection tanks.
I'm in some kind of black hole or something. The only provider available to me is Spectrum, and that's only because they just ran the cable up our road. I'm certain I'll get it, I'm being stubborn about it though.

I was listening to a so called expert. He said that this is not a bubble and prices will not be going down. Who really knows ?
sure looks like a bubble. if you buy and hold for 10 years things usually work in your favor.

We too have DSL for similar reasons . Its Verizon cheaper than Spectrum and handles our needs email , text ,Netflix and Hulu

Me too (in the Adk). But it's $50 a month and I have to ask my daughter to stop streaming or playing her game if I want to send an email.

SLIC is coming in with Broadband and it is also $50 a month. And you can reach SLIC with a phone call. An actual human.

Count me in.
Slic....just like their name. They bought out gore mountain cable in north creek. Was paying $27 a month for basic cable. Next month it was $40 a month. Fuck them. We are only there on weekends. Now I listen to Sirius.

Back