Coronavirus and Skiing

I can't speak for Cannon, but while there were some lifts where the lines were much longer, this was the exception, rather than the norm.
Info about New Hampshire’s ski season and a bit about Cannon.

Whitefish’s numbers are in and up.

I know Mt Holly a small hill just outside of Detroit had the best ticket sales in over 20 years, over 100,000 tickets sold, with lots of new old people who have rediscovered skiing. Also their season was close to a month late to get started and ended two weeks sooner than normal.

im curious to see the real estate numbers though, all the browsing I did 2 years ago there was always something available, now the inventory is low and priced super high. friends got into a bidding war for a 3 bedroom in Waterbury that went for 30% over asking.

I don't get that. You have to move immediately? You can't wait for things to cool down?

Do experts think there is no turning back on prices? Materials are through the roof too. I'm hoping they settle down when we go to build in 3 years.

I don't get that. You have to move immediately? You can't wait for things to cool down?

Do experts think there is no turning back on prices? Materials are through the roof too. I'm hoping they settle down when we go to build in 3 years.
A lot of these people have wanted to move to a more “lifestyle” oriented location for years, but were tied to their job’s location. “WFH” has exploded in the last year and has no doubt changed how lots of jobs will be done permanently.

They often are coming from a location where the prices are already so high that the newly inflated listing prices in Mountainsburg don’t intimidate them.

All bubbles burst eventually.

We're seeing that in the Adk too. I'm told we are "this close" to having broadband on our road. That would be a key piece of infrastructure, to help those economies move forward.

We're seeing that in the Adk too. I'm told we are "this close" to having broadband on our road. That would be a key piece of infrastructure, to help those economies move forward.
I was listening to a so called expert. He said that this is not a bubble and prices will not be going down. Who really knows ?

Back