Coronavirus and Skiing

For those of us who buy a pass or passes anyway this season lack of hassle is an extra bonus.
Called Gore folks yesterday about using my first day on FSC. She said just go to the lift and get on. One of these days...

Vermont let people in with the vaccine
""BREAKING: Vermont Drops Travel Restrictions for Those Who Are Vaccinated
For everyone inside and outside of Vermont who are 14 days beyond their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, there are no longer any travel restrictions. Vermont now joins New Hampshire as the only two states in the Northeast who have removed travel restrictions for those who have been vaccinated. Currently I am aware of only New Hampshire and Connecticut allowing those who have recovered from recent infection to also travel without restrictions and this is related to other CDC guidance. The walls are starting to fall along with plummeting infection rates in the Northeast.

Makes sense.

Although it makes it more likely that I'd push granny down the stairs so I could go to Magic. :devilish:

I read yesterday that VT was one of only 4 states with rising cases. Maybe a percentage on a small number?

Vermont let people in with the vaccine
""BREAKING: Vermont Drops Travel Restrictions for Those Who Are Vaccinated
For everyone inside and outside of Vermont who are 14 days beyond their second dose of an mRNA vaccine, there are no longer any travel restrictions. Vermont now joins New Hampshire as the only two states in the Northeast who have removed travel restrictions for those who have been vaccinated. Currently I am aware of only New Hampshire and Connecticut allowing those who have recovered from recent infection to also travel without restrictions and this is related to other CDC guidance. The walls are starting to fall along with plummeting infection rates in the Northeast.

How would they know if someone's been vaccinated? If we've learned anything from the past year it's that people can't be trusted to do what's best for others if given a chance to what's worst.

I knew the day was coming.....card carrying vaxers. You got a card you can do shit that people without cards can’t. I’d prefer they just insert a chip when they vax me, then we can have scanners so’s we don’t have to bother flashing the card!

How would they know if someone's been vaccinated? If we've learned anything from the past year it's that people can't be trusted to do what's best for others if given a chance to what's worst.
I'm assuming there's no way for them to know, but there's also been no way for them to know if people are following quarantine and/or testing rules for travel. And people who'd lie about being vaccinated to get into the state are probably people who would/have been lying about quarantining... so they're not really adding more visitors in that regard. But now people who have been vaccinated but can't quarantine and have been following the guideline up to this point can visit with a clear conscience.

I'm assuming there's no way for them to know, but there's also been no way for them to know if people are following quarantine and/or testing rules for travel. And people who'd lie about being vaccinated to get into the state are probably people who would/have been lying about quarantining... so they're not really adding more visitors in that regard. But now people who have been vaccinated but can't quarantine and have been following the guideline up to this point can visit with a clear conscience.
This is plausible to me.

Back