Coronavirus and Skiing

If I can stay completely clear of people I will. That wasn’t hard to do yesterday.
Snowbowls new bling bling sure is purdy. ?

E500C329-E53F-4003-B24B-60118969CA61.jpeg

That’s what makes this country the best, do what you want not what the government tells you to, go to Asia and do whatever they tell you and enjoy the fuglies there but please don’t tell people what to do that is not what this country is about
@XTski What exactly do you mean by “enjoy the fuglies there”? This comes across as a racist statement.

I didn't read Jason's statement as a comment on the government, more about the people themselves.

I looked up the word "fuglie" only comes up in the urban dictionary. Maybe time to review this:

I'm not big on moderating, I'd appreciate it if you don't push me there.

ETA: OK I learned something:

Last edited:
@XTski What exactly do you mean by “enjoy the fuglies there”? This comes across as a racist statement.
They are safety glasses, just meaning to stay safe; if you see I have posted about other types of protection, it goes with my job to keep employees safe, how in the world you came up with racist is beyond me,

I believe snowflake took it as a derivation of the term “fugly” which is a contraction of the term “fucking ugly” and is commonly used as an insult in certain regional dialects in North America. My understanding of the usage is that it is generally an individual insult directed mainly at women and thus would be more likely to indicate sexist rather then racist subtexts, depending on the context in which it is used. So I think the confusion arises from the similarities in pronunciation of “fugly” and “fuglie”

Last edited:
They are safety glasses, just meaning to stay safe; if you see I have posted about other types of protection, it goes with my job to keep employees safe, how in the world you came up with racist is beyond me,
Well that’s a relief. For people who don’t know that Fuglie is a brand of glasses the post reads as an insult to Asians. I double checked with my husband- had him read it before I told him what I thought it meant he said “that’s racist.”

I believe snowflake took it as a derivation of the term “fugly” which is a contraction of the term “fucking ugly” and is commonly used as an insult in certain regional dialects in North America. My understanding of the usage is that it is generally an individual insult directed mainly at women and thus would be more likely to indicate sexist rather then racist subtexts, depending on the context in which it is used. So I think the confusion arises from the similarities in pronunciation of “fugly” and “fuglie”
That is correct @Brownski. I read the post as saying Asians were as a group “F——“, which would be a racist thing to say.

Back