Coronavirus and Skiing

He wasn’t a skier himself, I think that was the misunderstanding. In high end hospitality it’s all about business. His position was that skiing would be a distraction. I always thought it gave more motivation for being there and staying. It also gives you insight to the guest’s experience so that you can better relate to them. Most people in higher management rarely get a chance to ski. He probably did me a favor. I went back to bartending at night and skiing everyday. He didn’t stay very long.

Meanwhile, on the coronavirus and skiing concept, my department chair wants to have an indoor celebration with food. I am ok with organizing it, but think I will skip the actual event. GP should be open and I don't want to miss skiing, just for a free lunch, in case I get exposed.

There’s much better jobs then day work on the hill if you really want to ski. All of those crews generally have fun but they don’t ski much. It can also be hard to drive to the hill on your days off when you’ve already been there 4 or 5 days that week already.

There’s much better jobs then day work on the hill if you really want to ski... It can also be hard to drive to the hill on your days off when you’ve already been there 4 or 5 days that week already.
When I ski locally it’s usually just for 4 hrs or so. Both places have night skiing too.
Not gonna work at all if if I have to work a lot.
Having to punch a clock would be the most challenging.
Drive is similar to but much prettier than when I worked for real. ~30 min.

South Tyrol is back skiing.
First time since March 2020.
But, one must have a green pass QR code on one's phone that has to be uploaded every day to activate one's pass, and surgical quality masks must be worn on closed lifts and lodges. Our paper vax card will have to be shown at a ticket office every day to activate pass.
Switzerland has effectively banned all Brits by requiring a ten day quarantine after entering, even if vaxxed. I think we're ok, but lord knows with this new South African variant just discovered and spreading.

But, one must have a green pass QR code on one's phone that has to be uploaded every day to activate one's pass, and surgical quality masks must be worn on closed lifts and lodges. Our paper vax card will have to be shown at a ticket office every day to activate pass.
Switzerland has effectively banned all Brits by requiring a ten day quarantine after entering, even if vaxxed. I think we're ok, but lord knows with this new South African variant just discovered and spreading.
Who the hell knows…..for sure but I don’t think we should jump to worst case scenarios until we get more details on this new variant. Our news media’s bread and butter is fear so of course they are going to try and scare the crap out of everyone. There have been reports that the symptoms of this new variant are very mild for the vaccinated.

E6FA0032-F561-4052-9BE0-643C6E31A6D5.jpeg

Who the hell knows…..for sure but I don’t think we should jump to worst case scenarios until we get more details on this new variant. Our news media’s bread and butter is fear so of course they are going to try and scare the crap out of everyone. There have been reports that the symptoms of this new variant are very mild for the vaccinated.
For once, I agree with you. The problem is it's not just the media jumping to worst case scenarios. It's also public health experts, who have a heavy influence on elected officials if you live in a blue state/county/city/town. My concern is panicky politicians imposing new restrictions as a knee jerk reaction, only to later find out later that it wasn't necessary, but the collateral damage can't be undone.

NY governor declared a disaster emergency Friday the same day Gore & Whiteface opened, so there’s that.

Back