Coronavirus and Skiing

Thanks for this. No break-through info or solutions, but makes think:

• Covid as cause possible or likely
• It may go away too

Almost completely given up on drinking, headache comes on almost immediately. Will still drink beer at the bar after skiing at Plattekill, no matter the cost.

?

Almost completely given up on drinking, headache comes on almost immediately. Will still drink beer at the bar after skiing at Plattekill, no matter the cost.
I've got similar issues but have also been a migraine suffer for the last 15 years or so. I chalk it up to a few concussions and a cracking my dome twice. One thing I've noticed since tracking my headaches and migraines more carefully is that extreme barometric pressure changes play a big role, when combined with other triggers like alcohol I can be out for 3/4's of a day hiding from light. CBD has offered me some relief I use an 1800mg cream that I apply directly to my temples forehead and back of neck. Headaches suck.

This made me laugh.

More seriously, if you really love to ski, working in the ski business is even more insane than it is for regular people.
Might break retirement and sit in a shack up top.
Hope I don’t get any insaner.

I just can't imagine the frustration of loading chairs or post on social media while listening to hoots and hollers coming out of the trees.

I just can't imagine the frustration of loading chairs or post on social media while listening to hoots and hollers coming out of the trees.
It’d be at the top. Quite aways from tree skiing.
Shoveling snow, taking care of off ramp & orange fence, helping folks when folks wipe out getting off, etc.
Haven’t committed to it yet.
Too much going on at that bottom for me to ever work that.

I don’t get bored easily. We’ll see what happens. Could be fun.
Ski Mountains need folks to work.

Yeah, maybe.

I sometimes work around some great kids in the youth program, a lot can be overly dramatic though and as someone that’s been through some heavy shit I have a hard time listening and dealing with the “drama”.
I hear ya RA, but what do yutes really know anyway, from most generations? We were all wet behind the ears once upon a time, no?

Take solace, that if raised right, those youth will hit their maturation process. I, too, used to be somewhat down on the “everybody gets a trophy” generation….my kids included at times. They haven’t had the same struggles we might have, be it growing up in poverty, working multiple jobs from a young age while still completing HS/college degrees (and beyond), growing up with abusive or alcoholic parents, even all of thee above.

While it may seem like many kids have had charmed lives compared to ‘back in the day’….I’ve always viewed our job as parents to provide for our kids to have better than we did. Of course what they do with that is up to them, but grounded kids turn into solid young adults despite the current generation of young people enduring struggles the last few years we never had to deal with.

Keep the faith!

Back