Coronavirus and Skiing

It’s nature at work. Independence and autonomy don’t just happen with the flick of a switch. You want the kids to lay down a base layer of separation and a (to them) independent identity as teenagers so that you are more likely to fledge them when it’s time.
69108875-3CF2-488C-900E-EDD4C5C288B9.jpeg

I thought it was odd that according to Marz’s italics above ya could play hockey outdoors without a passport but ya couldn’t ride a chairlift, allegedly. Didn’t make sense to me.
Here’s a non-clickbait from their local news.
Folks are trying to find out what happened.
www.thestar.com/local-newmarket/news/2021/11/01/is-indoor-hockey-safe-the-search-for-answers-in-mysterious-covid-19-outbreak.
Used to be ya just worried about fights and/or loosing teeth playin hockey.

Used to be ya just worried about fights and/or loosing teeth playin hockey.
Colorado is having a wave right now, so there are going to be a lot of cases everywhere. I bet a lot of these people already had covid before the hockey game. You're not going to be able to avoid exposure forever, so if you want to be safe, get the vaccine, and get the booster shot, which restores efficacy back to 90+% against symptomatic infection. That's what I did. I can't stand how experts are still declaring certain activities "unsafe". It's nearly 2 years in, and unreasonable to expect people to still put their lives on hold, when we have vaccines and treatments readily available.

Colorado is having a wave right now, so there are going to be a lot of cases everywhere. I bet a lot of these people already had covid before the hockey game. You're not going to be able to avoid exposure forever, so if you want to be safe, get the vaccine, and get the booster shot, which restores efficacy back to 90+% against symptomatic infection. That's what I did. I can't stand how experts are still declaring certain activities "unsafe". It's nearly 2 years in, and unreasonable to expect people to still put their lives on hold, when we have vaccines and treatments readily available.
It’s probably good information that’s not aimed at you or me but for people that are more vulnerable to getting the vid in a bad way.

I bet a lot of these people already had covid before the hockey game.
You do know that someone who actually had COVID-19 probably has enough natural immunity to avoid a bad re-infection, right?

The irony of the low vaccination rates in the south is that I won't be all that worried about skiing in NC, VA, or WV this winter. At Massanutten, most people will be vaccinated by the nature of the people who stay on resort. At the other ski areas, there will be a mix of vaccinated folks and people with natural immunity because they have had COVID-19 since April 2020. Note that some of the people who are unvaccinated and think they had COVID-19 didn't bother to get tested. So they are the ones at greatest risk.

My approach to staying safe this ski season isn't much different than last season. Distance from strangers and awareness of ventilation in indoor spaces is the key. That's true regardless of vaccination status.

You do know that someone who actually had COVID-19 probably has enough natural immunity to avoid a bad re-infection, right?
You're missing my point. What I meant was some who tested positive after the hockey game might've already been infected before the game, so they didn't actually catch it there and not all the cases are related. I'm not saying there were re-infections.

Hockey locker rooms are like a giant petri dish, not surprised

Back