Coronavirus and Skiing

I did that with a bunch of buddies for a few years. Haven't been in a while though.
It's a lot of fun for a few weeks before it gets too cold. Like skiing or riding in the rain, it's one thing to start out then have it get cold and dark but I have a tough time getting motivated to start a ride after work these days. Light are so good and cheap these days...

Here's what Jiminy Peak has posted about the lodge for 2021-22. They plan to have shuttles running from the parking lots. Group lessons will be offered. Other than masking indoors, sounds pretty close to pre-pandemic normal. Staff will be masked regardless of vaccination status.

"Our lodges will be open this winter. We ask that you limit your time in the lodge to approximately 40 minutes, during peak times, to allow as many guests as possible the chance to stop in, grab something to eat or drink and warm up. We have installed multiple HEPA filters in all indoor spaces in an effort to minimize air-borne particulate in these common areas.

Personal belongings (shoes, bags, food, etc.) will not be permitted to be left in the eating areas of the lodges on weekends, holidays and during holiday periods. Paid lockers (utilizing electronic credit card payment) are available in the lower levels of JJ’s Lodge and Crane Lodge and are subject to availability. There are a limited number of unsecured storage cubicles in the lower level of Crane Lodge, and are subject to availability. Outdoor bag storage will be available free of charge, on weekends, holidays and during holiday periods, under the tent in between JJ's and Crane Lodges. "

yeah, Sno, I’ve never been to prison but I doubt that sitting in my bedroom alone for 10 days would be as bad as prison. Other than that I think Sno’s observations are spot on. 2 people getting Covid right after their first dose is concerning too. It’s anecdotal of course but still makes you wonder. Just be glad you didn’t get it as bad as Harv did I guess. Any lingering effects?

Just be glad you didn’t get it as bad as Harv did I guess. Any lingering effects?
Hard to say exactly. I definitely had effects that lingered beyond the ten days of "sickness." Several months of having a hard time concentrating. That's gone now. I was also incredibly tired. I'd take one or two naps at day at work, just putting my head down on the desk, and sleep for 20 mins. My partner was very cool about it, and the employees were all working from home so they never knew.

Now I make it through the day, but take a nap right when I get home, if I don't have to drop off and pick up our daughter.

One thing, and I don't know if it is related to covid or not, I have headaches a lot. Some are just low level some are really bad. I never used to get headaches much and if I did, a glass or water, cup of coffee or a single aspirin would knock it out. This headache seems to be immune to any treatment.

Sometimes I wonder, maybe I have covid again? If you've been vaxxed and get a breakthrough, maybe this is what it is?

True. Also I didn't have them right after covid, they have come on since about June (had covid in Jan). I never really had them before, and stress is certainly nothing new. I have no idea.

Winter is coming, I'm sure it will all fade into the back ground when we start ripping ny/vt pow.

Hard to say exactly. I definitely had effects that lingered beyond the ten days of "sickness." Several months of having a hard time concentrating. That's gone now. I was also incredibly tired. I'd take one or two naps at day at work, just putting my head down on the desk, and sleep for 20 mins. My partner was very cool about it, and the employees were all working from home so they never knew.

Now I make it through the day, but take a nap right when I get home, if I don't have to drop off and pick up our daughter.

One thing, and I don't know if it is related to covid or not, I have headaches a lot. Some are just low level some are really bad. I never used to get headaches much and if I did, a glass or water, cup of coffee or a single aspirin would knock it out. This headache seems to be immune to any treatment.

Sometimes I wonder, maybe I have covid again? If you've been vaxxed and get a breakthrough, maybe this is what it is?
True. Also I didn't have them right after covid, they have come on since about June (had covid in Jan). I never really had them before, and stress is certainly nothing new. I have no idea.

Probably be good to track the headaches since you didn't have them before. Headaches are a common symptom of Long Covid.

Being vaccinated was never expected to prevent people from getting infected. The goal was to prevent serious illness and death. Full vaccination with any vaccine does that very well for people without underlying medical issues who are under age 70 or so. It seems fairly clear that someone who is vaccinated and has COVID-19 is probably infectious for a shorter time, meaning a few days instead of 10-14 days. That's because antibodies kick in much sooner to slow down the replication of SARS-CoV-2. But precautions such as masking and distancing are still relevant indoors or when there are lots of people close together for more than 15 minutes.

I definitely had effects that lingered beyond the ten days of "sickness." Several months of having a hard time concentrating. That's gone now. I was also incredibly tired. I'd take one or two naps at day at work, just putting my head down on the desk, and sleep for 20 mins. My partner was very cool about it, and the employees were all working from home so they never knew.

Harv, I was joking about this, but you are overqualified.

From the Belle Conditions thread:
Belleayre is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented professional to join the team as an Information Technology Technician.
I’d bet ole Harv could do that job part-time in his sleep nappin after skiing Plattekill.

A friend tested positive with symptoms a while ago, he was vaccinated and had headaches for a bit. Talked to him the other day and headaches finally went away.

Keep getting better Harvey. Sleep is good for ya.

Back