Carrols Hamburgers

my rocks glass of choice, giants of course. i think Shell Oil or Mobil gave these away in the 70's
IMG_3769.jpg

A couple of new Carrols items to add:

The guy from Ballistic Burgers -- who recreates famous/iconic burgers from around the world on camera -- recently did an excellent piece on the Club Burger so you can now make them at home.

Also, someone posted the grand opening advertisement for the Carrols near me in the western suburbs of Syracuse. I'd guestimate that this was in 1961. Check out the gala contest -- whoever guesses the weight of the on-premises steer wins a freezer and 300 pounds of meat!

363292655_6975165422516898_4089230953365453252_n.jpg

A couple of new Carrols items to add:
The guy from Ballistic Burgers -- who recreates famous/iconic burgers from around the world on camera -- recently did an excellent piece on the Club Burger so you can now make them at home.
Also, someone posted the grand opening advertisement for the Carrols near me in the western suburbs of Syracuse. I'd guestimate that this was in 1961. Check out the gala contest -- whoever guesses the weight of the on-premises steer wins a freezer and 300 pounds of meat!

View attachment 20758
We used to go to the one across from Fairmount Fair as kids. It was a dang treat. Their milkshakes weren’t fake.

We used to go to the one across from Fairmount Fair as kids.
Yep. We went to the Fairmount Carrols on the way home from playing hockey at the State Fair Coliseum. If it was an early-morning (5 am!) game and way too early for lunch, we'd stop at the Little Gem Diner. The 70s weren't all bad!

hmmm are they poised to make a nostalgic comeback?!?!?
https://www.carrols.com/Home/AboutUs
As the franchisee of 1,000+ Burger Kings and Popeyes, Carrols has bigger fish (sorry, Sea Fillet Fish Sandwiches) to fry. I always thought that the idea mentioned on page 1 of this thread would be a winner: create a one-and-only Carrols restaurant in Syracuse where they offer all the old menu items and time-machine experience from the 60s and early 70s. Unfortunately, I'm sure there's a good reason why they haven't done it.

If it was an early-morning (5 am!) game and way too early for lunch, we'd stop at the Little Gem Diner. The 70s weren't all bad!
As adults we’d meet folks at The Little Germ Diner on our way to the Dome for Orange hoop games.
Being near Onondaga Lake, before "the cleanup”, didn’t enhance my appetite to ever eat there.

Being near Onondaga Lake, before "the cleanup”, didn’t enhance my appetite to ever eat there.
The Little Gem was 2/3 of a mile from the lake. Not right on top of it but close enough, I guess. While driving along the lake back then, I can still recall the gagging sulfur-y smell from Allied Chemical/Solvay Process and the visual of the blast furnaces at Crucible Steel next to the State Fair.

Growing up there was quite the Rust Belt experience.

Back