Carrols Hamburgers

As the franchisee of 1,000+ Burger Kings and Popeyes, Carrols has bigger fish (sorry, Sea Fillet Fish Sandwiches) to fry. I always thought that the idea mentioned on page 1 of this thread would be a winner: create a one-and-only Carrols restaurant in Syracuse where they offer all the old menu items and time-machine experience from the 60s and early 70s. Unfortunately, I'm sure there's a good reason why they haven't done it.
Carrols to be sold to Burger King for a billion in cash.
Man, that’s a lot of dough.

🍔🍟

a billion in cash.
Wow: 24,000 employees across the country? I assume that includes the people who work at 1,000+ Burger Kings? I wonder if it's considered one of the largest employers that's based in CNY?

I may have mentioned up-thread that when I moved back to Syracuse in 1988 for a couple years, I lived just a few blocks away from their James Street HQ in the Lincoln Hill neighborhood. I frequently rode my bike past their building wondering what was going on in there if they weren't making club burgers and triple-thick shakes. Clearly, they were making money -- lots of it.

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 7.44.42 AM.png

Prepare to stand for a long time. ;)
I was looking for that NYer cartoon that shows the "check in the mail" orbiting the sun out beyond Pluto, but it had a stern warning about copyright infringement.

Back