Building a House with Wood

Correct. But I do like the insulated concrete foam foundation. It's well insulated and allows for deep window sills.

You favor deep sills in the basement?

This project is as much about keeping the builder on my side as anything. If he thinks I'm a stupid ass know it all flatlander it won't go well. When he is insistent, I relent. When there is a choice for me, he lets me know.
You're a wise man, Harv.

This project is as much about keeping the builder on my side as anything. If he thinks I'm a stupid ass know it all flatlander it won't go well. When he is insistent, I relent. When there is a choice for me, he lets me know.
You're a wise man, Harv.
Absolutely. Knowledge without arrogance.

Yes, I like the deep window sills. Our place is Adirondacky and with a walk-out basement. The deep sills make it feel like a house built in the 1880's, but with level floors and no drafts.

Yes, I like the deep window sills. Our place is Adirondacky and with a walk-out basement. The deep sills make it feel like a house built in the 1880's, but with level floors and no drafts.

I like it. Having lived in old houses all my life, the idea of insulating the basement is exciting. nerd alert

Ask your guy about ICF (insulated concrete form) foundation walls, availability and common use (=$) is somewhat regional, not sure about southern daks. if not just go with IBS :rolleyes:

Ask your guy about ICF (insulated concrete form) foundation walls, availability and common use (=$) is somewhat regional, not sure about southern daks. if not just go with IBS :rolleyes:
I believe they're used there. My BIL is an ADK home builder and uses them often.

BTW.... Gorg knows building shit. Juss sayin'

I’ve noticed a few houses locally using them for above ground walls as well.Nice Tornado protection.

My Brother in-law used Superior Walls

I’ve seen them used in a couple places. Nice if you’re finishing the basement. They have to be braced while backfilling. And seen what happens when they aren’t installed correctly.

I’ve noticed a few houses locally using them for above ground walls as well.Nice Tornado protection.

My Brother in-law used Superior Walls

I’ve seen them used in a couple places. Nice if you’re finishing the basement. They have to be braced while backfilling. And seen what happens when they aren’t installed correctly.
Superior walls are junk, plain and simple. I have seen many disasters with homes due to the superior walls, and the way that they were installed. It's a crap product with voodoo attached

Superior walls are junk, plain and simple. I have seen many disasters with homes due to the superior walls, and the way that they were installed. It's a crap product with voodoo attached

Back