Building a House with Wood

Seeing the foundation happen was probably as exciting as anything else. It should be completed in another week. Then comes wood!
...Most of a house is cement and stone!
In the Adk, at 2000 feet anyway.
Ya gonna use locally sourced rocks & stones?
There’s more than enough of ‘em around.
Christened one of the new skis on one Sunday...light blemish.

Most of the concrete is stone right?

How about cement + stone and stone?

"Cement is a binding agent made from limestone and clay; whereas concrete is a building material created through the proper mixing of cement, water, sand, and rock"

The only thing I can tell you about it for sure is, that it will crack... :rolleyes:

The only thing I can tell you about it for sure is, that it will crack... :rolleyes:
Funny you mention this. My contractor buddy and I were in my shop over this past weekend that he built for me. It's about 9 years old, small, 20x20. He was in shock that the concrete pad has yet to crack.

I've heard glassfibre reinforced concrete helps to keep concrete from cracking. Not sure if that is true or not and don't know about the extra cost.

"Cement is a binding agent made from limestone and clay; whereas concrete is a building material created through the proper mixing of cement, water, sand, and rock"

Bullshit!! You need to choose a better Mason! ;)

Bullshit!! You need to choose a better Mason! ;)
Better hope they good had good ones on the Hoover.

Back