Building a House with Wood

I have grey now....LoL View attachment 22351
Kitchen remodel is done. I had to do something while being home recovering from knee surgery 🤷
PXL_20240306_191903104.jpg

I also put down luxury vinyl for a new floor. While I'm not a fan of the snap together, I do like the glue down. It seems, and I'm told, it's very resilient to water. Time will tell, but one week in I do like it. Seems like it will wear like iron.

I also put down luxury vinyl for a new floor. While I'm not a fan of the snap together, I do like the glue down. It seems, and I'm told, it's very resilient to water. Time will tell, but one week in I do like it. Seems like it will wear like iron.
Snapped a Pergo floor together for my Mother a bit ago. No glue. Just some padding underneath. EZ peazy. It’s tough.

New addition shell is up wrapped in tyvek till its warm enough to install and paint siding , Sofitts all enclosed and primed All interior insulation installed R 23 Rockwool

the foundation was done its a full stand up double insulated.. It ooked like Lego blocks filled with concrete . The foundation pad was typical double poly then crushed stone another poly level then concrete poured.

Couple extras we added were New curved concrete walk from driveway around addition to back entrance ,also took out and removed 50 ft pine and root system that would have been aproblem.

Also decided to regrade and add sand and topsoil to backyard approximately 100 by 150. We had a ponding and perc issue on the last 25 ft of the lot due to heavy rains and the fact that the lane running behind the property has been paved numerous times so it was higher thus the runoff from that was also a factor.

Inside work may begin next week ,We're getting there 💪

Back out to 30,000 feet - does it really matter?
Get a big ass mortgage and build a house from scratch, and then tell me if the details like colors matter.

Going with gray (or anything off white) is looking like it was a good call. We will know soon enough.

Seeing the foundation happen was probably as exciting as anything else. It should be completed in another week. Then comes wood!

If I said this already I apologize. This thread is mis-titled. Most of a house is cement and stone!

In the Adk, at 2000 feet anyway.

Back